Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Spring at last?!

5/19/10

What is today, May 19th? So it's been nearly two months since "spring" started. Cedar City just got the memo. Madelyn has wasted no time starting the official swimsuit season. It was barely 70* F on Monday, but apparently that was good enough for her, so we let her fill up her empty sand box with bath water.

Here she is bossing Mark around. As usual.

Then yesterday was rainy and in the 50's (sigh) but today Madelyn had a water day at preschool AND the city waterworks crew was testing out all the fire hydrants in the neighborhood. I was about to go pick her up from school when they came and unleashed a gazillion gallons of water into the street:

Of course kids materialized out of nowhere to play in the ditches:

We had a nice sloshy walk home.

Luke was a little disappointed to be stuck in his stroller.

Madelyn has also taken a great interest in "roly polys" and collects them in bowls, where they usually perish. (And she just walked in to show me a little millipede she found...Mmm!) Oh, well...there's plenty more bugs available to be terrorized by curious 5-year old little girls.

And as for me, I think I might finally feel safe in putting all my winter clothes away. Don't tell the weatherman.

4 comments:

the heiner family said...

Yay for Cedar! We were actually loving the coolness yesterday brought... if only the 70's could stay here in sunny St. George... Oh and I love the perishing roly polys... we have ladybugs experiencing the exact same thing right now... gotta love those 5 year olds!

Katie said...

I bet the kids were in heaven with all that water. How fun!

Carolina mama said...

That fire hydrant photo looks like the water is shooting from the trash can towards the hydrant. Wouldn't that be odd.

The Mursets said...

I just barely saw this post today. How cute are Madelyn's swimsuits?!? We ran through our dancing sprinkler yesterday, but it was still windy and too cool to stay out there wet.