Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Our latest project...

Look! Blue skies!
5/4/10

...involves only the muscles used to write out a ridiculously large check. Don't worry--next week will probably find Mark moving a few tons of dirt to our backyard via wheelbarrow.

I know it's yet another late night post, but Luke is up. What else am I supposed to do??

I gave Madelyn and Mark haircuts tonight and just had to take pics so I can remember what it was like to have such a spunky, happy-go-lucky 5-year old girl. Madelyn laughs very easily and at everything, and her giggle is so infectious. I just love that about her.

Yes, she does have extremely glossy hair. And yes, she is drinking out of a squirt bottle. She swipes that thing from me while I'm ironing so she can take a swig or two of the stale water.

I don't actually know how to cut hair per se, but I think I've got her bob and Mark's whatever-you-call-it down pretty well. It saves money and also makes a gigantic hairy mess in the bathroom that I get to clean up.

All done!

6 comments:

Rachelle said...

I used to cut Doug's and Carter's hair for years, but I got sick of the mess and the whining (from Carter, not Doug - just thought I should clarify). Good for you for sticking with it!

So is that Mark in the bobcat??? (I'm guessing not - I've never seen Mark in a cowboy hat!) Did you rent one or did you hire someone to come do the work? We are also in the midst of an insane backyard project. I have wished for a bobcat, but the only access we have to our backyard is by stairs. Not very bobcat friendly . . .

Katie said...

How fun! I love projects for the house. They are so fun.

The Yoder's Five said...

The neighbors want a block wall installed between our properties, so they've hired someone and we're splitting the costs. This was one project that Mark didn't have the desire or the ability to do himself.

Kathryn M. said...

Kirstin's hair is the same shiny way. People love it and it is pretty. You do wonders with Luke's hair! Cutting hair yourself saves money big! Keep it up.

The Mursets said...

Another cute cut! Ava loves drinking from the squirt bottle too, so we have to make sure we keep all the NONwater bottles up high...

Nadia and Jeremy said...

i think that madelyn and beckham have remarkably similar haircuts...his is a smidgen shorter. and believe it or not, i just cut beckham's hair tonight. and the whole time he kept on saying, "not too short!"