It's the most harrowing tiiiime of the yeeeaarrr....
Here's what you need to get into the Christmas spirit!
"Here, mom. Let me just use this candy cane to snare all the ornaments and take them off the tree. I am 'collecting' them for my own purposes. You may actually find this a handy tool for retrieving my stuffed animals from under your bed."

At least I have about 30 pretty new things to show for it. I'll list this stuff and more on my etsy site in a few days once the girls at Mark's office have a look at it. Do me a favor and order something!
...A million Christmas cards to send!
...Gifts to wrap!
...Goodies to make and deliver once I go back to the grocery store for more chocolate and more nuts!
And don't forget... a sick baby! It's just not the holidays unless your kid brings home a nasty cold from school, passes it along to the little one, who then wakes up every hour during the night to scream bloody murder and gets both parents sick as well.
...A million Christmas cards to send!
Add a little car trouble, freezing weather, surly almost-5-year-old behavior, an exceeding amount of laundry, lack of money, birthday parties, ward parties, preschool parties, work parties, and I for one am holiday-ed out!!
Tune in next week to see if the tide has turned and if my reading of Dickens' A Christmas Carol has put me in a straight frame of mind. Although it seems Christmas was a little simpler back in 1843...
Tune in next week to see if the tide has turned and if my reading of Dickens' A Christmas Carol has put me in a straight frame of mind. Although it seems Christmas was a little simpler back in 1843...

6 comments:
I think Christmas was totally easier in 1843. You either had what you needed or you didn't. Do what you have to and just leave the rest. Breathe
I hope you guys get feeling better!!
Don't be stressed - it's supposed to be the most wonderful time of the year! I would love to come look at your jewelery - maybe on Saturday?
Every baby I had, I gave up doing something super-Momish. It's been fantastic for my sanity!!! Good luck - my heart goes out to you!
I feel for you!
Awww! Hang in there, it's always hectic up until Christmas, but I always enjoy the actual day and the day after too.
Post a Comment