Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Still Swooning


12/2/09

Sunday night, I was lucky enough to catch Andrea Bocelli's Christmas special on Great Performances by PBS. I can't watch him without more than a little gawking and drooling, and his performance with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir had me melting into a very large puddle on the floor.

Some of his other songs had him paired with uh, interesting choices (Reba McIntire??! The Muppets??) but overall I was quite swept away. If I can ever find a full video of this song, you'd better believe I'm going to do another post about it. You can buy this song and the others off iTunes right now or in stores (his album is called My Christmas), but the recording of The Lord's Prayer for his album was done with him in a studio somewhere instead of at the Tabernacle. I think him actually being there with those incredible acoustics makes it that much better. I love PBS.



PS. I just found out that Celtic Woman is performing a two hour "Songs From the Heart" concert on PBS tonight (Wednesday) at 7:00 (on KUED in Utah, but check your local listings). 'Tis the season to join all those old people who like opera and "world" music. C'mon, you know you secretly love it as much as I do!!