Monday, December 7, 2009

It's me again

12/7/09

I took some more pictures! No, really.

Madelyn and her friend Peyton, aka "Peyton..she's already 5."

Madelyn was in a parade on Saturday with some of her preschool friends. Cedar City loves nothing more than putting on parades and festivals practically every other weekend. This one was called the Storybook Cavalcade and had about 70 floats and/or people dressed up like cartoon or storybook characters. A personal favorite of mine was Billy Goat Gruff and the troll under the bridge. Madelyn had no idea what that one was all about. Apparently I have been slacking in the frighteningly weird old fairy tale department.

(That's a swan, if you can't tell. At first, I was all, "Look at that chicken!!" Well, it does look like a freaky sort of chicken when you glimpse down the street with the sun in your eyes. Just one of the many gems of the parade.)

It was a balmy 39* F or so, but was kinda windy so we left the baby with our sister-in-law Sally. Madelyn had a princess costume on and got pretty cold. She still had a great time, though. After her part was done she came to watch the rest of the parade with us and holler at everyone who went by with her shrill little voice.

...waving at the Grinch

"SANTA! OVER HERE!!!!!"

On to Sunday...
Hahahahaha!! Dirty clothes turban baby!!

The kids' church outfits were matching so I took some more pictures when we got home.

Madelyn kept getting punched in the eye

Go ahead-- the "round-headed kid" Charlie Brown references are just too good to pass up

Look at those blue eyes!!!!!!

...And now if you'll excuse me, a baby poop explosion has just occurred on my lap and I have quite a bit of laundry to do.

4 comments:

The Mursets said...

BRRR! I am glad you didn't turn into Popsicles at the parade! Madelyn looks so prim and proper in those pictures.

Bell Family Blog said...

Good ol' Cedar City! We always loved the parades. How fun for Madelyn. Luke's blue eyes just pop when he is next to his sister's brown eyes. Cute cute cute!

Kathryn M. said...

Cutie Patooties!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, those are some pretty blue eyes! Hah, that swan thing does look like a chicken...