12/28/09Mark and I were married eight years ago today. EIGHT YEARS! I don't know if we ever expected to end up where we are today--with a career, a house and two kids. Mark officially had no idea what he wanted to do when we got married. He just resumed going to college (at Dixie...those were the days) and we figured things out as we went along. That kind of sums up our life so far: we figure things out as we go along.
Anyway, for some reason, every time our anniversary rolls around lately we are either sick or moving. Last year I had bronchitis (and we had just moved a week and a half before), and last night poor Mark had a terrible stomachache and was up till 3:00 or 4:00am. Four years ago we were moving from Cedar City to St. George. Three years ago on our anniversary, we spent 12 hours on the road, in the snow, moving to Albuquerque. Mark was in the moving truck towing his car, and I drove behind with two-year old Madelyn. We were greeted in NM with 23 inches of snowfall (a 30 year storm) that first night and couldn't leave the house for three days. Aahh, memories!!

Of course if I have to be sick, moving and/or snowed in every year, the person I want to do it with is Mark. I love you, my dearest!! Here's to eight great more years!


3 comments:
Happy Anniversary! I remember coming to your wedding. It was so fun. Good memories. COngrats!
Happy Anniversary! Mark looks so young in those pictures and you still look the same to me! Great as always!
Happy Belated Anniversary #8. We love you.
Post a Comment