Monday, September 7, 2009

Kevy turns 26

9/7/09

Happy b-day to my favorite little bro. Kevin!

Look how cute he used to be.... ;)
I just want to smoosh those dimpled cheeks. He was 3 1/2, I was 6, and Tyler was 7 1/2. March 1987.

Me at age 4, my dad at age 29, and Kevin at 1 1/2. December 1985.

Also this weekend: my 10 year high school class reunion. Gaak, I know. 10 years!!!

Hurricane High Class of '99. Woo!!

Jaki (Richins) King came with me, since neither of our husbands wanted to come. I can't say I blame them. It was awkward enough for us. We showed up right at 6:00 and felt like a couple of squares because nobody else was there yet. But as the night went on, we had a good time and patted ourselves on the back for #1 having experienced life away from Hurricane, #2 gotten married and had kids, #3 finished college (I have my B.S., Jaki has her M.Ed.) and #4 gone on with our lives in general instead of refusing to let go of our high school days. (Oh, and we hadn't become drunks or drug addicts either, or become regulars on the county arrests reports in the paper...) It was interesting to see how some of the most popular people in high school had not managed to do any of those things.

Jaki and I at age 13--February 1995. We've been chums since 4th grade and official best friends since 8th grade (shown here). We've gone through quite a lot together, and had some weird phases. Are you loving the black eyeliner and big ol' Beatles t-shirts?

Jaki and I in 2000, the year after we graduated high school. It's so nice to still have one good friend who you can be yourself with.

...Now I'm off to go spend some time with Mark's family. Hope you're having a good Labor Day!

P.S.
We're trying to sell this car. It's a 2000 Buick LeSabre that used to be my grandparent's. It is in great condition, runs fine, and has about 110,000 miles. We're asking $3,000. Spread the word!

5 comments:

Jen said...

Yeah, Kevin WISHES he was old.

-pushin' 30.

Viva la Beatle worshipping duo.

Katie said...

Happy Birthday to Kevin. Your Dad and Tyler look a lot a like from that picture of him holding you and Kevin.
Good luck with the car :)

Kathryn M. said...

Two of my best friends I've known since 4th grade. There's just something about knowing someone that long that just lets you pick up right where you left off anytime you get to see them again. My 20th HS reunion was this year! Yikes!

things we love... said...

Oh my gosh.. I am out of the blogging loop!!! You look sooooo great!!!!!! You are so beautiful!!! Also I love all of the pics of Mady!!! She is so gorgeous and I want to put her into my pocket and take her home!! Fed Ex her my way if you ever need to!!!!!! I can't believe that your little guy is almost here!!! I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but here it goes.... Lai was in to NOTHING and Cain.... different story! The boy can already open the childproof cupboards.. eekkkkk!!!! He is a mess, hahaha!!! GOod luck, haha!!!!! Also CONGRATS on all of Marks tests!!!

Liz said...

I love the old pics. It is funny to see if people from high school have really lived there lives, or just got stuck.