Friday, September 4, 2009

8 months and counting...

9/4/09

AAACK! My due date is one month from today! I'm not ready!! Someone tell that baby to stay put until I say so!


But if the constant rib kicking and bladder punching is any indication, my son does not wish for the same. He wants to come out where there's more room. Ever been kicked in the diaphragm? Ow.

My ultrasound on Tuesday (when I was 35 weeks, 2 days) showed that he is small but still growing and my placenta and cord are healthy. The technician told me that he already weighs around 5lbs. 4oz., which is what Madelyn weighed when she was born at 38 weeks. But my fluids are low, so that may be an indication to induce me early. Again: AAACK!

Oh, well. Ready or not, he's coming soon...

Madelyn's been busy, as usual. She adores preschool and worships her teacher. She is going to give a talk in Primary on Sunday and she's SO excited. Here's a few pictures of her latest adventures:

With my G-ma Mary Murset, who is going on 92. She lives in Los Angeles and has been to the beach at least a dozen times this summer with her great-grandkids. Don't you love how huge I look in this picture?

Playing Fargo with G-pa Frank and G-ma Kathy Yoder at their new house in Hurricane--G-pa loves to play games.

Playing with bubbles in the backyard--notice that half of the solution had already dumped onto the concrete. We had a similar incident today at the grocery store involving a bottle of Mr. Bubbles that leaked out and slimed Madelyn, the cart, and the floor across two aisles. It was lovely! The other customers were so delighted.

This is a teeny little demo tent that Mark's brother John got when he worked at a Coleman plant years ago. Madelyn loved playing in there until she kept getting stuck (apparently she did not inherit my claustrophobia genes...) but it is a palatial spot for her Barbies, who are fond of camping out.

And then there was yesterday afternoon: it has been raining lately and Madelyn came in from the backyard to inform me that the ground was all muddy. She said, "Don't worry mom, I'll get my boots and umbrella." I said, "I don't want you slopping around in the mud! I just gave you a bath this morning!" (...sound of sliding door opening and boots clomping outside) "I'm just going to walk on the mud," she said. Ten minutes later:

*KERSPLAT*

Apparently, to just "walk on the mud" really means to just "go over to the biggest, boggiest puddle in the yard, wade in, get stuck, and fall over."

Sigh....If boys are supposed to be dirt/mischief magnets, then I am seriously in trouble.

3 comments:

The Mursets said...

You are so gorgeous. It just looks like you stuck a basketball under your shirt. I love it!

The Mursets said...

What happened to the display tents we had when we were little? We had so much fun in those. With the new ones you can barely fit GI-Joes in there.

Tyler

Chelsea said...

LOL!!! You're in serious trouble!! :) What fun pics...you look awesome and I'm glad everything looked well in the ultrasound!!