Madelyn is the proud owner of approximately 27 zillion dress-up items, which she routinely chooses to wear instead of regular clothes. On any given day, she may be found as an alter-ego fairy, princess, ballerina, gypsy, or bag lady. I don't think we'd bother buying her Halloween costumes, except that she wants to be a witch for the second year in a row and her costume from last Halloween is too small. She dearly loves witches.
She's had to stay home from preschool and church because these past four days she's had a nasty virus that gave her all the symptoms of strep throat. We took her into Mark's clinic yesterday (which was not open for business, but we get special privileges. Neener, neener.) and ran a strep test and a CBC to see if her blood showed a bacterial infection. Both came back negative, so she's just having to tough it out. We know she's starting to feel better though, because she's currently flouncing around in this maroon can-can dress and has resumed chattering away/bossing us around in her hoarse, squeaky little voice in-between coughs.
In other news:
*We sold the Buick yesterday!! YAY! Some Hawaiian kid who came to SUU to play baseball bought it. He did not seem like the type to be driving that sort of car around, but we have a big pile of $100's to show for it (which Madelyn has been admiring and saying, "Look at all this money! Look at what we can buy!!"). Actually, we have to pay off my mom's family with the money. It was my grandma's car, and when she passed away, we somehow ended up with it. We never really needed it, so it's nice to be just down to two cars now.
*I sautéed some fresh mushrooms yesterday in lots of butter and salt to put on some spaghetti. That's the first time I've done it, but I think I can safely say that I will never make spaghetti without them again. Yummm.... It's like the time I discovered that putting fresh avocados on Mexican food takes it to a whole other dimension. Is it lunch time yet? Ooo, yes it is. Too bad I am out of both mushrooms and avocados.
*Stuff and Save time at Old Navy came and went and I didn't buy anything. Talk about self control! (OK, really it's because I had no money. But I had about 25 items in by bag online just in case someone decided to gift me with a shopping spree, all expenses paid. Hey, a woman can dream. And now they're having a maternity/baby sale, so all bets are off.)
Also, I am 37 weeks today and officially full term...so if this baby decides to come before my scheduled induction, he should be perfectly healthy and ready to join our family! I can't wait!!
In other news:
*We sold the Buick yesterday!! YAY! Some Hawaiian kid who came to SUU to play baseball bought it. He did not seem like the type to be driving that sort of car around, but we have a big pile of $100's to show for it (which Madelyn has been admiring and saying, "Look at all this money! Look at what we can buy!!"). Actually, we have to pay off my mom's family with the money. It was my grandma's car, and when she passed away, we somehow ended up with it. We never really needed it, so it's nice to be just down to two cars now.
*I sautéed some fresh mushrooms yesterday in lots of butter and salt to put on some spaghetti. That's the first time I've done it, but I think I can safely say that I will never make spaghetti without them again. Yummm.... It's like the time I discovered that putting fresh avocados on Mexican food takes it to a whole other dimension. Is it lunch time yet? Ooo, yes it is. Too bad I am out of both mushrooms and avocados.
*Stuff and Save time at Old Navy came and went and I didn't buy anything. Talk about self control! (OK, really it's because I had no money. But I had about 25 items in by bag online just in case someone decided to gift me with a shopping spree, all expenses paid. Hey, a woman can dream. And now they're having a maternity/baby sale, so all bets are off.)
Also, I am 37 weeks today and officially full term...so if this baby decides to come before my scheduled induction, he should be perfectly healthy and ready to join our family! I can't wait!!
5 comments:
It would have been nice to see you at the reunion to... I was a party pooper and decided that I having experienced High school once already I didn't want to really go back. There would only be a few people that I wouldve even wanted to see and you would have been one of them! :) Congrats on this pregnancy. I hope all goes well in a few weeks and I can't wait to see pictures of your cute little boy. I am also glad we can keep in touch through blogging! :)
I'm glad Madelyn is feeling better! Good luck with the new little man coming :)
Thanks for selling the car. I'm glad Maddie is feeling better and that you got special clinical privileges. Aren't mushrooms fabulous.
We love Avacado's at our house! YUM! Mushrooms on the other hand...
I hope Madelyn is feeling better! Good luck with the next few weeks!
Hahaha! I love how your post has like ten awesome subjects covered! You crack me up! So, I have a package ready to send, but I want to send Madeline a beanie, so can you please message me and let me know what color of beanie you'd like...I think I have pink, white and brown in her size, and let me know which flower. :)
Post a Comment