
9/11/09
...to try to have our little pumpkin on October 1st!
It just feels like the right thing to do. I really am bummed about Dr. Sanders not being able to deliver the baby, but while I was at my appointment on Wednesday, he measured and checked me and even though the baby is somewhat small, I have stopped gaining weight, and am dizzy a lot, he looked at me and said, " I think you're going to be fine." I had such a complicated pregnancy and an even scarier delivery with Madelyn, so if we were going to be facing the same problems with this one, I felt safer having Dr. Sanders be my doctor because he knows firsthand what happened last time. But now I feel assured that things are going to go fairly smoothly, and that Dr. Heath will be able to do the job in spite of him being a stranger.
So we are going to see if we can switch and have our last few appointments with him before the big day finally arrives. It will be good to be on friendly terms with someone who will, uh, see and do all those lovely things that baby doctors do.
Thanks for all your advice and suggestions. And I was kidding about the castor oil--I can barely gag down one fish oil pill a day. I am POSITIVE castor oil would have just made me hurl. I am going to be in quite enough discomfort as it is without that!
4 comments:
Sounds like a great day! I can't wait to hold him!!! And for everyone who read the previous post, I was totally kidding about the castor oil thing, I knew she wouldn't really do it, and neither would I.
Yea! A date is set!! It always feels better to have a "plan" of some sort!
A lovely package came in the mail...THANK YOU!!!!! That is soooo nice of you! I've always wanted some of those bracelets. They are so precious!
I'm glad you were able to choose a date you are comfortable with. THat is the most important thing.
Now I want to explain why I tried castor oil. Scott was 8 days late, so after 4 days late and knowing that Debbie had used it and it worked for her, Rich and I thought let's try it. Needless to say, it did NOT work for me and is TERRIBLE stuff. Don't try it, not worth it, but at the point of 4 days over due it seemed like a good idea. Yuck, makes me sick thinking of it.
Good luck and congrats!!
I love grandbabies and I love pumpkins.
Post a Comment