Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Check this out!

8/26/09

I drove by Mark's office building on the way home from my OB appointment today, and look at what I saw:

See that?! "Mark T. Yoder, PA-C"

Woo-hoo!!!! I was so excited that I had to pull over and take a picture. When I talked to Mark, he hadn't even seen the sign yet. They're going to work on getting a name plate for his office and business cards next. My husband is finally a professional man. I'm so proud.

My 34 week checkup went pretty well--I've gained another 3 lbs. in the two weeks since my last appointment. But... the weight's apparently not going to the baby. I'm measuring "under the radar" again and am getting another ultrasound next week to follow up. Madelyn had IUGR in the womb, and it looks like things are heading that way again. I was induced with her two weeks early, and she was a tiny 5lbs. 4oz., 17 1/2 inches (3rd percentile in weight and height). I am rather hoping I'll be induced early this time too, especially since I found out my OB will be out of town the week I am due!

I've been washing his clothes--these itty-bitty socks and undershirt look like they just might fit.

So, it's back to my to-do list. I feel even more pressed for time than ever. I'm going to go register at Target today for my baby shower and try not to get heat stroke. Wish me luck.

8 comments:

The Mursets said...

I think I would have screamed with excitement seeing Mark's name up there. I love the belly pic. You look hot with your hair like that (all tousled)

Carolina mama said...

What does the "C" stand for after the "PA"? What does IUGR stand for? You're a pretty mom.

Katie said...

You are so close! Fun times!!
So I am curious, why did they induce you with Madelyn when she was so small? I would think they would have wanted her in longer??

The Yoder's Five said...

Mom: The "C" stands for "Certified." When he was in school, the title was PA-S for "Student". IUGR stands for Intra-uterine growth restriction. If you click on the acronym in the post, it's a link to a website that tells you more.

Katie: They induced me early because my fluids were low and she was not getting enough oxygen and nutrients. They could see her liver shrinking from week to week because she was using it up for its fat stores. They would have maybe delivered her sooner, but they wanted her lungs to develop as much as possible first.

And thanks, Monica! My hair was wet. It's not so hot looking when it dries and is a poofy mess.

Emalia said...

Sorry to hear this baby might be or is IUGR. It's gotta be nice having already gone down this road to at least know what to expect huu? I feel ya though--our baby girl is very small as well and I have another ultrasound in 2 weeks to see how's she's doing. At my last appt./ultrasound she was only in the 20% percentile which is low but not low enough for them to put me on bedrest. (thank goodness!) I hope your next ultrasound goes well! Also, congrats on getting Madelyn officially potty trained!

The Vakautakakala's said...

What is with us pregnant moms?!! Today I had an appointment and I am measureing 3 weeks smaller than I should be but the baby is at 45% so he should be fine. It's funny that I'm measuring small but feel like this is the biggest I've gotten with all my kids!!

Chelsea said...

I would have taken a picture too! :) That is so awesome, I bet you are so proud!!
I hope everything goes well at your ultrasound and getting induced early does sound like heaven right now!! :)

Jessica said...

HOW EXCITING FOR MARK! And I hope everything goes well with the rest of your pregnancy too!