Tuesday, August 4, 2009

7 months!

8/4/09

Holy Toledo, y'all. Where has the time gone?? My due date is two months from today, and I for one am not ready. I'm trying to get everything done in case he comes a couple weeks early like Madelyn did, meaning I could be holding my newborn in only six weeks or so. EEE! I am excited, of course, but I've been so busy with unpacking and all the chaos of moving that I haven't had a chance to go out and buy baby stuff. Well, that and I need some $$$. Anyone want to send me some? Haha...

Anyway, I had an appointment last week and I'd gained four lbs. since my six-month checkup, bringing the grand total to ten lbs. I had an ultrasound today and then I have another appointment next week, because apparently we pregnant women have nothing better to do than to go to the doctor. Here's the latest pics:

3-D ultrasound profile of the baby's face, with his arm across his mouth. Looks like he's chunking up! He's so dang CUTE already!!!

Wow--I feel huge. I don't care what you say. It's getting crowded in there, and even my ultrasound tech said so. So there.

Madelyn already loves her baby brother. She's been running around all afternoon squealing, "We're having a baby!!" She's been a big help and has been to every single one of my doctor's appointments with me. She's going to be a great big sister.

Well, I should get back to my sewing projects--Mark is gone this week to a conference in Chicago, so I'm taking advantage of the fact that I don't have to cook or clean to sew some quilts, blankets and burp cloths. Pictures of those to come in a few days!

8 comments:

Jessica said...

how can such a little person to start with only gain 10lbs. It makes me sick with envy... I'm so proud when I stay within the 25-30lb. range. And that's with working out every day and watching everything I take in :(
Lucky Gal!

The Yoder's Five said...

Oh...well...me not gaining a lot of weight was freaking out my doctor in St. George, but that's just the way my pregnancies go. I'm not doing it on purpose, but I can tell you I'm glad I'm not one of those people who gain 60 lbs.! My doctor in Cedar City is happy as long as the baby is growing on track, which he is. So far.

Katie said...

So exciting! Can't wait to see the little guy. Madelyn will be a great big sister :)

Kathryn M. said...

You look so cute! I'm glad to hear Madelyn is excited about the baby. She will be a awesome big sister.

Liz said...

You so cute pregnant. He is going to be a cute little guy! Good luck with the next several weeks.

Natalie said...

Oh my gosh you are the cutest pregnant person EVER!!! And you are SOOOOO lucky you aren't one of those people who puts on 60 lbs. It's no fun at all! I can't wait to see that baby boy, he's going to be so cute!!!

Erin said...

I gained 40 lbs with each of my boys. Thankfully I lost it pretty quickly.

What a cute blog you have here! I love it!

Chelsea said...

Cute pics!!! You look awesome! I wish I only gained 10 lbs!!!! Love the ones of Madelyn and her little brother still in the womb! :) Can't wait to see your blankets and burp cloths you're making...and your little guy in a few short weeks! AHHHH! Can you believe it's coming up so soon already?!