Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Grandma Nora

My dad, Grandma Nora and Grandpa Wally and me when I was a few days old

Grandma, Madelyn and I after Grandpa Wally's funeral, September 2006

5/13/09

My dear Grandma Nora passed away yesterday! I am sad and will miss her very much, but at the same time I know she was ready to go. She had been in the hospital all this past month and was in terrible shape, and now she has been reunited with my Grandpa Wally. It makes me smile to think of them together again, healthy and free of pain.



I am so blessed to have been able to spend a lot of time with her when we lived in Albuquerque. She was a very sweet, loving person and family was everything to her. I won't be able to go to her funerals (one in Los Lunas and one in Taos where she's from and where she'll be buried) but I hope she knows I'm thinking about her. I love you Grandma!

5 comments:

Ashlee said...

Melissa, I am sorry to hear about the passing of your Grandma. She sounds like she was so sweet just like her granddaughter. That first picture of your dad, your grandparents and you is great. I seriously at first glance thought your dad was your brother Kevin! :) Hope you are doing well. My thoughts are with you at this time.

Katie said...

I'm so sorry to hear of her passing. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers!!

Rachel said...

Wow, your brother looks just like your dad!

My condolences at the loss of your grandma. I'm sure you're right that she is happy and at peace.

Cole and Julie said...

Our condolences at your time of loss. Your Grandma Nora was a wonderful lady. We enjoyed getting to know her briefly while we were in her ward. She looked forward to the times that you would visit. What a blessing that you were able to live close to her.

Natalie said...

Aaaaargh! First you make me laugh, and now you've got me crying...thanks a lot! :) What a beautiful post! I'm so glad you were able to spend time with her! I really believe you were meant to be there for that time, she needed you.