I've changed my background again to something a little less girly (it was awash in magenta sparkles for a few days, in case you missed it) to announce that we are having a little BOY!!!!!!
We went to Cedar City yesterday for an OB appointment, and since I had just switched doctors from one in St. George, we were only expecting a routine checkup, although I'm 18 weeks and that is around the time that Dr. Sanders' office does ultrasounds. (He delivered Madelyn and we are so glad that we are going back to him. We LOVE him and his office. Cedar just has the best health care providers!)
Anyway, they did schedule my comprehensive ultrasound for next week, but while we were there yesterday, Dr. Sanders said he'd let us take a quick peek at the baby, "so that you can go shopping." (Dear man really knows how we pregnant women think.) He has a nice 4-D ultrasound right in his office, so 5 minutes later we were looking at our precious little boy! We do have a photo of his "parts" and let me assure you that we are quite certain of his gender. I don't want to embarrass the poor kid by posting it. Madelyn is very excited and telling everyone about her baby brother. It's fun. Mark and I are fighting over names.
Something else we didn't expect to happen yesterday was that we made an offer on a house! We were just out with a realtor (our first time) and the last house we saw needed to be pursued immediately because someone else had also offered on it that day. So we are waiting with bated breath to find out what happens. I don't want to say any more about it unless we actually win the bidding war, but let's keep our fingers crossed! It's one heck of a house.
Our weekend was busy too. Mark went rock climbing and then spent the remainder of Saturday playing network computer games with his brother Paul, my brother Kevin, and Paul's friend Leighton for hours on end. (They also did this last weekend. Sigh.)
Then later on we had a visit from our friends Adam and Liz Jowers, whom we used to be neighbors with at SUU and we're very close with. We hadn't seen them in over a year so it was fun to see their girls Kelty (3) and Adelyn (1). Madelyn just loves it when kids come over to play with her.
And last but not least, Mark started his new job today! Woo!!! He still has to take his boards next week, which he is nervous about, but he has a temporary license in the meantime. This morning I had the camera handy so I could get a snapshot of him on his first day of work as I laid in bed. Ha ha! That was probably the last thing he wanted me to do, but he stood still and forced a smile anyway. What a good sport.



12 comments:
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!! We are so excited for you to have a little boy - they are a lot of fun!!!!
So many fun things happening for you guys!! Congratualtions on a BOY!! Too fun :)
Congratulations!!! Boys are the bombshell!!!
Even though I already knew- I totally teared up when I saw his little face! I am so excited! I love your little belly~so cute! Congratulations again!
Congrats on having a boy!!! our little boy is so amazing. I also LOVE Dr. Sanders. YOu can tell him Hi for me if you want. I feel like we are bff just because he is the best ob dr. EVER. Congrats on the house. hope it works out.
So much exciting news for you guys! Have fun shopping for little boy things:)
Can I suggest a name? I think Tyler would be a great name.
If he had no middle name his initials would be TY. That would be great also.
Tyler
Yay Congrats! Those 4D pictures turned out really good. You can really see him! I am so happy for you guys. I am curious as to what the names are that you are fighting over. I am pretty sure I can guess the one Mark wants. If I remember correctly! Good luck with bidding wars and Marks Job and the Boards. Boy do you guys really know how to pack it all in. We had fun the other night we will have to do it more often now that we will be a little bit closer. I might have to steal the pictures for our blog since I was a slacker...
CONGRATS!! I can't wait to find out what we're having yet! My doc. likes to do the big ultrasound at 20 weeks so I have to wait until next thurs.! Check out my blog for a link for super cheap 'utter covers' if you plan to nurse. :-)
congrats!! very eventful few days. I can't believe you haven't gained any weight and you are 18 weeks, I've usually gained more than half of my weight gain by then.
Adelyn and Madelyn??? I bet that got confusing! Ha ha ha!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! Does this little boy have a name yet?
Congratulations!! You will love having one of each. And best of luck with the house. We've done that so recently, I remember how it was . . . can't wait to hear!
Post a Comment