Saturday, May 9, 2009

Maria's bridal shower, and yes, I believe I do have flowers coming out of my ears

5/9/09

Today was Maria's long awaited bridal shower, which I was totally in charge of. So of course, in my typical OCD style, I obsessed over every detail for months and yet still ran out of time at the end. I stayed up all night setting up and then fortunately my family came this morning to help prep the food. About 50 people were invited (eesh...well, Maria has always been very popular) and we had a good turnout of about 23-25 people. She got lots of cute things for her home, recipes, and an astounding amount of lingerie. We had lots of fun.

Look! We even look like sisters in this photo!


So I have been buying flowers for her reception since February, and they have been all over my house, stationed by the computer so that I can feel springy and girly and so that Mark's online gaming area feels slightly emasculated.

I only just arranged all of these this week. There are 32 vases of daisies and tulips.

These green wreaths are also for the reception (my first attempts at wreath making) and the yellow and pink one is for my Gma Nora.
I've also made....


Maria's toss bouquet for the reception...

a hydrangea bouquet...

a gerbera daisy bouquet...

...and a ruffled tulips/lisianthus bouquet for her wedding day. Oh, yeah. And ten boutonnieres and fourteen corsages.
Spoiled bride, much?


Well, I actually love doing wedding flowers, but this has been a very hectic and stressful few months. I am also helping with the wedding cake and pictures and whatever else comes up in the next 26 days. I think it's safe to say that I will be as relieved as Maria is when she's finally married! It's a good thing I love my sister so much!!!

7 comments:

Katie said...

Wow! So many flowers!! You are doing a great job on them. I wish we were able to come up. Post lots of pictures for us.
Glad the shower went well too :)

things we love... said...

Wow, you are so amazing!!! They are gorgeous. You are so talented!!!! I am so excited that you guys are having a boy, oh man... CONGRATS!!!!! Keep the pics coming of the wedding!!!!

Emalia said...

What gorgeous flowers!! You've done such a good job with all of these! I'm impressed. :-)

Jen said...

If I were to get married over again I would have you do my everything.

The Yoder's Five said...

Thanks, Jen! Although I'm going to need a few years of no weddings before I think I can stomach planning another one. You and Alex just go ahead and stay married.

Natalie said...

Oh my gosh, you are so AMAZINGLY talented, Melissa! I didn't know you did flower arranging, too!!! Sheesh! I'm guessing they're artificial flowers??? They look so real...I can't tell! I love Grandma's wreath, it's beautiful. :)

Natalie said...

OH!!! And congratulations on the baby boy! I don't know how I missed that post!!! :) He's a cutie pie already! And you look fabulous, as always!