Wednesday, June 25, 2008

My new favorite band




6/25/08

Who else here loves Angels and Airwaves? Mark and I discovered them a year or two ago. Actually, he got into them first, because I usually don't go around listening to surf/skate alternative rock. Anyway, now I am hooked. You've probably heard their song The Adventure on Ford commercials. (Weird. I say that because Toby Keith is also in the commercials, and he is honky tonk country --as is Ford-- and the stark opposite of Angels and Airwaves.) Their sound is similar to U2 and Pink Floyd (it's no wonder we like them--those are Mark and I's other favorite bands)

I have been listening to their second album, I-Empire, so much lately that Madelyn sings, hums and drums along to the songs.


And it doesn't hurt that their lead singer is a C * U * T * I * E. (It's OK to have crushes on musicians and movie stars, right?? Otherwise I'm in trouble...) It happens to be Tom DeLonge, the spazz who used to be in blink 182. He has mellowed out from the punk rock and writes dang good songs. I'm listening to one of my favorites, Call to Arms.

So, there's my shameless plug. The video bar on the side (which keeps giving me trouble..RRRrrrr!! Click on it before it disappears! Hit reload!) plays the music video for The Adventure, plus some of their others. Or you can try the links below to see The Adventure, Everything's Magic, and Secret Crowds. I really, genuinely love their music.

http://new.music.yahoo.com/videos/AngelsAndAirwaves/The-Adventure--31542953
http://new.music.yahoo.com/videos/AngelsAndAirwaves/Everything%27s-Magic--47705667
http://new.music.yahoo.com/videos/AngelsAndAirwaves/Secret-Crowds--57661938

3 comments:

Kevin M. said...

I wanted to have a listen, but the linked website is blocked for "R RATED" content.

Don't fret. It blocks some pages for recessed lighting...

Liz said...

Adam likes Angels and Airwaves as well. In fact last year he downloaded one of their songs for a ringtone on his phone (that is saying something because he has only downloaded three songs). I am not sure what I think. I still have to tease Adam about the BLink 182 connection (he went to one of their concert a long long long time ago). Maybe I'll have to check them out again.

Adam said...

Liz and I just watched "The Adventure" video. Thanks for putting a link for it. That was the song I downloaded for a ringer. I'd been trying to get Liz to listen to that song and hoped that she would like it. Maybe now that she knows you like it she might as well. It's nice that the singer has mellowed out since his Blink days. By the way, I don't think he is a cutie....sorry.