Saturday, June 7, 2008

So Many Things...

6/7/08

Hi y'all. It's been nearly four days since I've posted and it seems like forever.

Firstly, I have to recommend that you all take a look at this couple's blog: http://robandamy.blogspot.com
I happened upon it while I was looking for our friends Rob and Amy Shupe's blog. Amy couldn't remember the exact address of theirs, so I was just trying my luck typing in their names. Well, this is not the same Rob and Amy we know, but OH MY GOSH GO LOOK AT THEIR BLOG. They happened to be living in Europe (their last post was a year and a half ago), are LDS, just had their first baby, and every new post is them vacationing in a different country. (Egypt, Italy, Monaco, Spain, Malta, Tunisia, Iceland, Germany, London, Holland, Czech Republic, to name a few.) I am so insanely jealous. I don't want them to know I'm sending all you total strangers to look at their blog, but it really has to be seen to be believed. In my wildest dreams, I could live a month like them. It's just not fair. This woman was 40 weeks pregnant and managed to take a trip to Belgium.

Sighhhhh.....

Anyways, my friend Liz (who has seen the aforementioned blog and agrees with me) tagged Mark to post 7 unique things about himself. Since he is being a party pooper about it, I am going to go ahead and do it for him.

7 Unique Things About Mark

1. He is 1/4 Chinese but over 1/2 German
2. He is the 9th out of 10 children
3. He has very tiny sneezes
4. His favorite thing to do is surf (thanks to growing up near the ocean in North Carolina)
5. He is slightly obsessed with World War II. Since he wasn't around back then, he spends a lot of time as Carbon 31, a soldier on Call of Duty 4 (online WWII computer game), wreaking havoc. He is at level 55 already--the highest you can go.
6. He is a bona fide biology geek.
7. He used to be a phlebotomist and stick people with needles all day. Now he's going to be a PA and continue to get up close and personal with people and their various orifices and such.

So there you go. I want to tag Kev and Lori, since they never responded to my last tag.

OK, so here's some pictures from this week:

Madelyn playing with her new friend Madison Shupe, whose daddy Rob is trying to get into PA school here.

It's cute to watch the girls copying what they see their dads do with their little doctor kit.

Madelyn has a new way of amusing herself--finding some water and drenching her hair. (In this case, water from the washing machine as it was filling up.)

During lunch with Mark's colleagues at a ritzy Italian restaurant downtown, all Madelyn wanted to do was climb all over the landscaping.

Mark's colleague Stephanie said, "I have a Care Bears sticker for Madelyn!" Turns out it was a decal of the Grateful Dead bears. It is now on my back left window.

Apparently, Princess Belle sparkle nail polish is just as exciting for little boys as it is for girls. Connor also opted for Princess Jasmine purple, Cinderella blue, and Ariel pink. If one color looks good, four different ones must be even better.

Connor and Elyse are two of Madelyn's best friends. They are partners in crime. (Minutes after this picture was taken, Elyse threw half the wet sand out of the sandbox...Madelyn got it in the face and was screaming...)

It's good to have friends.

4 comments:

Kevin M. said...

-Grateful Dead bears. Hee heee.

-I think slightly obsessed with WWII is an understatement.

-The other 1/4 of Mark is computer code.

-Phlebotomy schmlebotomy.

-I don't remember being tagged before. Oh well...

EMILY said...

I had no idea mark was from such a large family!

madelyn is adorable!!

Liz said...

I had a feeling you would end up doing the tag for Mark. What wife can resist taking about their spouse.

Wow Madison has changed since she was our neighbor. Cute pictures.

Rob N Amy said...

The girls had such a fun time playing together. Madi saw the pictures of them playing together and she wants to go back to play.
Amy Shupe