Sunday, June 22, 2008

Madelyn's Half Birthday!

6/22/08

Yesterday, Madelyn officially turned 3 1/2, so I decided she needed a little celebration. She kind of gets the shaft every year since she was born four days before Christmas, and I feel bad that her birthday always tends to get swallowed up in the holidays. So we made some cupcakes, Mark took her to see Horton Hears a Who (again) at the dollar theater, and she got a few presents. I think we'll keep the tradition going. She had so much fun (and no nap) that she fell asleep on the tile in the kitchen, halfway under a chair. Now that's a sign of a day well spent.

Comfy looking, isn't it

Oh, and if you ask her how old she is, Madelyn will say, "I'm four." She's been saying it for a month now. If you protest and say she's really three, she'll say, "I not free (three), I four!" She says the cutest things. I get a kick out of some of the phrases that come out of her mouth. She is so expressive. I'm keeping a little journal of the things she says and does so I'll always remember. If she acted natural in front of a camera, I'd videotape her more. Maybe I need to set it up when she's not looking.

5 comments:

The Mursets said...

How fun! I can't believe the places she falls asleep!

Aut said...

You are SUCH a GREAT mom! Happy 1/2 birthday Madelyn!

Liz said...

I can't believe she fell asleep under the chair like that. You must have really worn her out

Kevin M. said...

That looks like a form of punishment. Good thing you explained why she is squashed under the chair like that.

Carolina mama said...

My half birthday is coming up September 4th. I'm going to eat cupcakes and go to the dollar movie, too.