6/11/08
Last night, we got to go to an Albuquerque Isotopes game. They are our resident Minor League baseball team. (For you outsiders who aren't aware, Albuquerque has a long history dealing with the building of atomic bombs. Hence the dorky chemical name.) Mark had a friend of friend who got us free tickets. It was so fun!
They won the game against the "Round Rock Express". At least we think they did because we left after 3 hours. But they were up by about 10 points. Anyways, Mark had been dying to get an Isotopes baseball hat (...he embraces anything dorky and/or chemical. Although "the Isotopes" is an awesome name compared to "Round Rock Express." What the heck is that supposed to mean??), and Madelyn ended up getting a pink hat herself. And a small pink wooden bat, which Mark assures me she won't use to bash in our furniture.
We had a good time eating, buying hats, walking around, playing on the playground equipment, teaching Madelyn to do somersaults, and generally ignoring the game. Isn't that what it's all about? :)
10 comments:
Isotopes is a pretty nerdy name for a baseball team.
It would, however, be a good name for a rock band.
I never watch the game when we go either. It gets pretty boring. I love your blog it's so cute.
Thanks for the pictures.
Amy Shupe
Oh yeah. Rob got an interview at St. Francis on July 14. We are so excited.
That is so awesome that your husband is going to PA school, are you guys planning on moving back to Utah? It looks like NM is a nice place!
When I was in Salt Lake I would go take the open classes at ballet west, and I loved their classes. I do go to Westside when I feel like it, but I don’t really enjoy the classes there. I am so sad that Gretchen doesn’t teach anymore.
I ended up starting the Med lab program at Weber, but I just could not take counting blood cells and pipetting stuff ALL DAY long, so I ended up transferring to the U where I started my math major, but sadly I switched when I only had 5 more classes to go to human development…. Yeah, I am regretting it big time but at least I graduated after switching my major 20 times. If we end up at the U next year, I will probably go back and finish math.
That is an awesome name for a baseball team; I would have never related isotopes and baseball together… Sorry for the long comment!
Looks like a fun night! I love the picture of Mark and Madelyn doing somersaults!
We bought Kelty one of those bats at the Bees game. It ended up being kinda scary so we just gave it to Charlotte's little boy Abe (she was going to hang it on his wall out of reach). Cute pictures, your hair looks really cute.
10 points??!!?? Ha ha. It is 10 runs.
Tyler
looks like you guys had a great time! I really can't believe how big she is getting! WOW!
Hayden only has two more rotations, each are a month long. For June, he is with the Dr. that offered him his job that he did his 12 weeks of family practice with. They had a computer, desk, and all this stuff set up for him when he got there last week. It's making things seem really official. In July, he is with another Dr. in Price. Then, he graduated 8/8/08. WOOO WOOO! It will be here before we know it!
I can't believe Mark is into rotations and going strong. It will be over so quickly. I know you HATE hearing that. But really, I look back and wonder where all the time went. It's insane!
Please come and visit us at the farm. We purchased two goats yesterday :). With the cows, dogs, goats, and acres to play on, Madelyn would be in heaven! Come see us!
Yes, excuse me Tyler. 10 runs. They got two home runs in the 7th inning, even. Either they are a pretty good team or the Red Rock Express pitcher was giving it up. There was a brawl going on in the field just as we were leaving. I'm not sure why.
You should go to one of their games while you're here. They'll be playing on Friday and Saturday. You'd have a good time. (Since you're actually a baseball fan and all...)
I love the team name. That's funny. You are brave to buy the bat. (Of course I have 2 boys, so my mind probably thinks differently!)
Post a Comment