Monday, May 19, 2008

Random Stuff

5/19/08

Hi Y'all.

Is it hot enough for you? We were having such nice weather-- last week we had a day or two in the 60's, and now it's in the 90's. Luckily, Albuquerque usually maxes out at around 95 during the summer (as opposed to 105-110 in St. George--or hotter), but that's little consolation, given our ancient swamp cooler. I'm hoping the humidity will stay down so the swamp cooler will be more effective this summer. Blah.

Anyways, I was just having some random thoughts.

#1 I just found out that I have two nieces--Heather and Amy Brown (sisters) both getting married the week of August 9th! How exciting and how overwhelming for their poor mother, Mark's sister Sheila. But she's quite the superwoman and I'm sure everything will be great.

#2 I just ordered something from my cousin Emily Nelson's new jewelry website. You should check it out! She has unique designs and is so talented. Go to http://www.adorn-jewelry.blogspot.com/

#3 Have you seen Prince Caspian yet?? New favorite movie!!! I already love the books (The Chronicles of Narnia), and they just made it look so convincing (thanks to the same design team who did The Lord of the Rings). Creative liberties aside, it was an excellent movie. I also realized how disappointing it is to pay $7 for movie popcorn when a box of 15 Pop Weaver microwave butter popcorn at Wal-Mart costs only $2.50 and tastes 100 times better. MMmmmm.

#4 I also have a new favorite snack. Kraft Bagel-fuls (little bagel bars filled with cream cheese). I can snarf down a box of them in no time at all. Go look in your frozen food section. I'm telling you--they are scrumptious. ( I am starting to make myself hungry)

#5 Thanks to my friend Liz and my hubby, I have been able to add The Beatle's Past Master's II and U2's The Joshua Tree (remastered!) back into my CD collection!! I think I need to get The White Album next. If you have it, feel free to burn me an illegal copy. In fact, if you have ANY good music, you can send it my way. Rock, country, classical, oldies, whatever. Pleeeaaasse?

#6 I just calculated that there are currently eight 1-year-olds, six 2-year-olds, and one 3-year- old in my nursery. (I am the nursery leader in our ward). If you are wondering why I haven't had any more kids yet, it is because I have been in nursery for the past 2 years. Give it a try for one Sunday and you will see what I mean.

Anyways, here's a slide show of pictures from this past week. I know, I know, I take a lot of pictures, but by daughter is such a beautiful little ham. (There again with the food talk!)

4 comments:

The Mursets said...

90 degrees sounds good right about now. Yesterday's high was 105, today 107. Much too hot for May. I am officially moving to Alaska for the rest of the year, or at least until it starts to cool off in NOVEMBER!

The Yoder's Five said...

Blech. And Vegas doesn't cool off at night like it does here. You should come join us here in NM!

The Mursets said...

Sounds good, see you in a few...

Liz said...

I need to see Price Caspian but i have to finish the book first. I have been reading it since March. Well, I guess I should say I started it in March and I haven't read it since March thanks to a cute little bundle of joy who decided to show up early. I have to finish reading it before I see the movie or I will never pick it up again.
Hmm... I will have to try the bagle things. I thought they looked a little strange so I figured I wouldn't pursue trying them. If they are as good as yousay maybe I will.