Thursday, May 29, 2008

Happy Birthday, Dad!

5/29/08

Just a quick post to say **Happy Birthday** to my dad. He already had a big surprise party from the ward last night. He was released from being Bishop on Sunday after approximately 1200 years of service. No really, he has been either a counselor or bishop for about 14 years (correct me if I'm wrong) He's been sitting up on that stand ever since I can remember. He did a great job, obviously, but I'm glad he gets to have a break now.

As if he wasn't tired enough already, Madelyn and Nathan clamber for G-pa Rich to make them laugh.

I want to tell him thanks for being such a great dad and grandpa! We have always been close, and I know not every girl is lucky enough to experience that. I am excited for him and all my family to come out to see us in a month.

With baby Hattie, grand baby #3

Also, Happy 30th anniversary to my parents! That was on Tuesday. They've been married for as long as Mark has been alive. That is weird. (Actually, longer, because Mark doesn't turn 30 until August.) Gads, we're all getting old.

Happy 'versary to you!

Now I think we'll have somewhat of a break, because there are no June birthdays (in my immediate family, I should say). But then we'll have Kev and Lori's anniversary, our big family reunion, and Tyler and Monica's birthdays, all the first 8 days of July. I'll keep you posted, of course.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Happy Birthday to your Dad and a Happy anniversary to your parents!! What a week! I hadn't heard your Dad was realeased. That is always a bitter/sweet time.

Liz said...

Wow 14 years is a really long time. I bet he won't know what to do with himself. My niece (who is in his ward) could barely give her talk on Sunday she said she was so emotional about him being released.