I don't know where the time has gone, but I've been so busy I haven't even thought about blogging for a few weeks. Here's what we've been up to. A lot of these are from my Instagram feed. I'm finding that that's a more convenient way to stay up to date with my friends and family...
"Mama, do I look cool?"
"Springtime" around here has felt more like February lately.
Like this..
This was a couple days ago. Hailstorm from Hades.
And it's been snowing and slushing the past couple of days. May 11th last year we had 9 inches of snow. Today is May 9th so I'm hoping that maybe we can have nice weather from now on??? Ugh.
Luke (who is in his undies 90% of the time--you should be accustomed to this by now) likes to strip my bed and use it for all his stuff. He'll be quick to tell you that he has "29 guns" and is aiming for 30. Most of them are little water pistols.
Star Wars Day! Luke: "Do I look like Luke Skywalker?" (That is a lightsaber in his undies.)
Dad's Jedi boots
The kids had their eyes checked this week--Luke has perfect vision, thank goodness. Madelyn still has astigmatism, far sightedness, esotropia, amblyopia, double vision and failure to sync. It's a wonder she can see at all! With her glasses she can see 20/20 but we just had to order a new, stronger pair. Mark also got new glasses this week. $$$$ Sigh.
Madelyn's favorite thing to do is to play with/boss Luke around.
Mark traded in his 1999 Chevy Prism (for $300, hahahaha--it had 200,000 miles and needed a new transmission and shocks and everything else) and got a 2010 Toyota Prius about a month ago.
It is a nice car--MUCH more comfy than the Chevy was and gets great gas mileage. Mark has to commute 100 miles each day he's in St. George for work (4-5 days a week) so this was an upgrade we really needed.
While Mark and my brother Kevin were gone all day buying the car in SLC, I took the kids out for dinner at Dickey's and Isabelle enjoyed her first pit BBQ. She INHALED that pulled pork. It is seriously good stuff.
Isabelle and her friend Owen, who is 3 months younger. His mom and I already have an arranged marriage in the works.
With Grandpa Rich
With Grandpa Frank
Luke couldn't even stay awake for Star Wars.
Mark bought an Atari (one of the recreations--he has been searching for an original to no avail) and here the kids are playing Pong. I remember playing that WAY back in the day on the computer.
Pic Mark sent to me from work. He is still gone 12-14 hours most days doing surgeries, hospital and clinic work in St. George, and I am still having constant headaches. Stress, perhaps?! But his training will be over in about a month and his schedule should ease up.
Me and my little muffin, who will be turning ONE this next week! Aaaaagh!
She does what she can to keep her energy up.
Love those ears~
Grocery shopping and nap time converged and I had to take drastic measures.
Madelyn was coming down with another UTI so we made a visit to Mark's old work. We still hear about how much everyone misses him there. (At the grocery store, at the eye doctor, random strangers that used to take their kids to him....)
Our nephew Cove celebrated his 3rd birthday a couple weeks ago and we went and partied at his house. He had an awesome cake with M&Ms inside.
His baby sister Lily is so cute! She's got some cheeks, that girl.
We also celebrated cousin Nora's 2nd birthday!
Luke's been going through a growth spurt and so has been taking a lot of naps.
Since it's warmed up (relatively speaking), Tiger has taken his spot on the rock wall again.
He really resents having to stay in at night, though.
I got out Madelyn's old baby clothes and put these shoes of hers on Isabelle. She did not like them one bit.
♥
Sleeping with the sonic screwdriver
And this was last night. He's not very sick but has a cough and does so much better with some Albuterol. I am looking forward to SUMMER (less exposure to germy classmates) so we can have a break from all this!








3 comments:
I love resentful cat photos. And adorable children photos. Thank-you.
Those flowers looked gorgeous!! Hopefully they'll bounce back:) I remember living in Cedar City and it would snow at some of the most random times, but we did love living there and wouldn't mind moving back someday!!
PS, are those BOB books I spot? Mana is obsessed with those too:)
Don't stop blogging!! It's way better than FB/Insta. I love all the positions your kids can fall asleep. That little Isabelle is so adorable. I want to reach through the screen and munch on her cheeks. I had the most vivid dream a couple nights ago about you, Angie, Holly, Kat and me. We were in the the old ballet studio (upstairs) taking class with Gretchen. We were all older (like current ages), but still taking class like we never stopped. It was a splendid dream. Don't know why I've been missing ballet so much lately. I would love to get in good enough shape to take class again. Maybe I could be a Ruth in class somewhere. :) Speaking of Ruth, where is she?
Post a Comment