Saturday, May 30, 2015

Angel's Landing

Mark recently had an unexpected day off of work when a surgery cancelled, and decided to go to Zion by himself to do his favorite hike, Angel's Landing. It is a hike I will never, ever go on (you will see why) so I'm glad he took lots of pictures. You really do get a spectacular view of the park when you go 1,488 feet straight up from the canyon floor.

 
 
 
 
 
Walter's Wiggles switchbacks

 
 Oh look, a sheer cliff with a thousand foot drop! Cliffs and I do not mix. (And people do fall off and die every year.)

 
 The trail ends once you get to the very top edge of that giant isthmus with cliffs on both sides. 
800 foot drop on one side, and 1,200 foot drop on the other. NOPE.

 
The last half mile of the hike was so crowded that Mark didn't have time to finish (I had a dentist appointment and he needed to come back to do school pick up and babysit) so he stopped at Scout Lookout and then ran back down.

 
 But the view was still magnificent!

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

So gorgeous, but so stupid!