Thursday, May 28, 2015

Isabelle's first birthday bash


Isabelle's birthday bash was less of a bash and more of a hastily thrown together family party at the end of a very busy day of school and errands. But Mark at least had the day off, so that was nice!

 The birthday girl started off Year One with a bang. I had just changed her stinky diaper and was scooping out the litter box (my life is so glamorous) when I heard shouts from the bathroom. Mark was in the middle of cleaning out the fish tank and was dumping the dirty water and Isabelle wandered in and Oh! Look at all this water right here --I've never been able to get to it before and went for a splash IN THE TOILET. Yes.

I  have a feeling that I'm going to have a lot more gray hairs by the time she finishes her toddler years.

Anyway, we cleaned up and changed clothes and Mark showed her the music video to "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun." He says it is our girls' life in a nutshell.

Then she watched Sesame Street, which is her favorite part of any day.


Later that day, we had my sister Maria, Shay, Emery and Nora come over for pizza, cake and ice cream.

 
 Isabelle gave out free snuggles to Shay and Maria.

 Getting warmed up with an un-frosted cupcake

 Present time! She got completely spoiled by us, her cousins and two sets of grandparents. And her great-Gma Mary sent a card and a brand new fiver like she always does.

 I made her smash cake from scratch (a vanilla cake recipe that was a total disaster) and the cupcakes were a boxed pink velvet cake with added chocolate mini chips.

 Happy birthday to you, sweet girl!



 She thought this cake and the was the BEST THING EVER. She got the frosting up to her armpits.

 A bath was necessary.

The sweetest thing was watching her give her new baby doll loves and a kiss.

What a precious girl and we love her so much!! Happy birthday princess!

No comments: