Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Valentine's Day 2015


 I love this holiday. Chocolate, flowers, red and pink hearts everywhere, and (slightly) less pressure than other holidays. Not to mention no sneaking around trying to help Santa or the Easter Bunny.

 This was the first year that we had to "engineer" a Valentine's box for Madelyn, though. That was a big project. She wanted a TARDIS with a working pulley system but I talked her into replicating a Rubik's Cube I saw on Pinterest. I did all the work, of course.

She didn't win the class contest, but it turned out cute and she liked it.

 I got the kids' class valentines from etsy this year, from this shop. For $5 I got the digital file and could print off as many copies as I needed. We cut them out, taped a Laffy Taffy to the back of each one and called it good.

 Madelyn hand made cards for her grandparents and the rest of the family. She always makes the best cards. She also painted a little wooden heart for me that she had Mark cut out.

 Luke had a preschool party and had a great time. No pictures to show for it, but I'm sure we'll live! He thoroughly enjoyed all the candy.

 Isabelle turned 9 months old on V-day.♥

We are re-doing her side of the room and painted over the pink wall that weekend. It is white now and awaiting some new decorations.

I got some glorious pink roses and a lunch date to The Pizza Cart with the hubs. It was a good day!

No comments: