5 months old
Weight: 14 lbs. 7 oz. (42nd percentile)Height: 25.25 inches (57th percentile)
Likes: Talking, giggling, eating, being held, grabbing people's faces, grabbing toys (we noticed she always reaches with her left hand), shrieking, drooling
Dislikes: Sitting in the Bumbo, getting face wiped, getting dressed, napping
New Skills: Eats baby cereal and food like a champ!

This strawberry onesie is a gift from my Aunt Susie--it's one of my favorites.
We started Isabelle on oatmeal mush, and then tried fruits and veggies a few weeks later. She loves all of it. My least picky eater to date (thank you, Lord).
What was funny was Luke's reaction--he positively gagged whenever she was eating her mush and refused to even look at her. Haha!
When she kept arching her back every time we put her in the Bumbo, we figured we should just sit her in our lap while feeding her, and she liked that a lot better.
I squeezed her into this dress on a Sunday...I had to, because:
It was Madelyn's old dress that I loved so much. They look like sisters, huh.
*Side note: Madelyn has THREE HANDMADE BABY SCRAPBOOKS. Luke and Isabelle: zero.
She went for her first swim on 10/3/14 (Her great-grandma Mary's 97th birthday!) when we went up north so Mark could take his medical boards.
She wore Madelyn's baby swimsuit, and I couldn't stop squealing when we put it on.
She liked the (questionably murky) hot tub a lot better than the chilly pool.
♥♥♥
(I found a little toad in our garage. ???)
She gets lots of daddy time, because she has Mark wrapped around her little finger.
This was her month to experiment with not sleeping during the day. Here she is with Auntie Meg, taking one of her cat naps.
She was sleeping well at night, but during the day, even if I was holding her, she'd only sleep for 20 minutes and then wake up again. (Her brother Luke was the same way.) It was a harrowing ordeal.
This was also the month(s) that she had clogged tear ducts and possible eye infections. So maybe that had something to do with it, who knows.
But mostly she was just happy and adorable, as always!



3 comments:
I find it difficult to blog lately, but I want to keep at it,too. It's my journal, for all intents and purposes.
Thanks for blogging your adorable children. Isabelle is such a charming and beautiful baby!
She is such a cutie! I use my blog as a journal too. Do you know if you can have it printed in book or album form?
Post a Comment