Friday, March 1, 2013

Surprise!


My mom, my sister-in-law Monica and I plotted a surprise baby shower for my sister Maria and sister-in-law Lori last weekend. We did it under the guise that we were celebrating my mom's birthday (which is on March 4th) and wanted to have a girl's only lunch at The Pizza Factory. (Maria knew that we were showering Lori, but not her, and Lori just thought it was a birthday party.) Of course, we did celebrate Mom's birthday, but then gave Maria her stack of baby gifts, and she was shocked!!

Lori had come down with a stomach bug the night before, and so couldn't come. :( Major bummer to have her miss out on her own party! My mom took her shower gifts over later that night.

It was so fun! Maria said she almost started crying.

 Recognize the guitar card from my last post?

 Ava and Madelyn played games on Monica's phone. Those tech savvy girls.

 Madelyn, me and Megan

 
Maria, Mom (Carolyn), Monica and Ava

  
 Ancestor Square in St. George has this awesome British telephone booth. Megan and I were geeking out. Speaking of Meg, look at the shower gifts she made!

 Little giraffe taggies!!! CUTE, huh! She whipped those up that morning, and had never made anything like it before. She put different fabric on each side. These are for Maria's baby girl.

 
  
 These are the elephant ones she made for Lori (cell phone pics). Super adorable.
 
 I had my camera handy, so I took this picture as I was driving home from Washington, after I'd dropped off Maria. This view of Pine Valley mountain is one of the biggest things I miss about living in the St. George area. It's so beautiful there.

And speaking of surprises, look who arrived just four days later!

 Gary Reed Murset!

 He came two weeks early and caught his parents majorly off guard. (I know how that is!)

 We went down to Hurricane last night to meet him, and he is SO precious!

 Luke came to say hi and poke at his cheeks before getting back to business playing with toys.

 Big brother Jack (17 months)

 Madelyn was thrilled to get to hold him! She is the oldest cousin on the Murset side. She loves babies.

 He just has the cutest little face!

 Big sister Hattie (turns 5 in a month)

 "You're not paying attention to me, mama."

 Our extended family is growing! Two more months and Maria's baby will be here, too! ♥♥ I love being an auntie.

3 comments:

The Mursets said...

Ooooo I just can't wait to go snuggle him when Nathan feels better!!!

Rachelle said...

Hey, that phone box is the wrong color!

5 years old, 17 months old, and brand new - that was us 7 months ago (plus a couple other kids, of course)!

Cute taggies!

Katie said...

What a FUN suprise! Gary is adorable. Can't wait to see Maria's soon too :)