Last week, because I couldn't wait, Mark bought me The Hobbit Blu-ray combo pack with the DVD and digital copy AND a book AND a secret code to watch a live one hour sneak peek of The Desolation of Smaug. So we spent two nights watching the production video extras, Friday night watching the movie, and then watched the sneak peek on Sunday. It was pretty much the best weekend ever. We already want to watch the movie again.
Since we'd already done that and just dropped several hundred bucks on new furniture, I wasn't expecting anything fancy for my birthday. Mark did surprise me with the Blu-ray and soundtrack of Les Miserables. I used to have the broadway soundtrack of it years ago until it was stolen out of my car in ABQ. So I've known all the songs for ages and it is so fun to sing to them again.
I decided to take some selfies because I don't have very many recent pictures of myself and I might want to remember what I looked like when I was 32 someday. I dunno.
I wore a Bat Girl shirt, because I'm mature like that.
I need a haircut.
Somebody's coming......
I was just looking at this and was like, "Why is my hair parted on the opposite side all of a sudden?! What is this witchcraft?!" Then I remembered that the first ones were mirror shots and these were taken like regular self portraits.
Mark and Luke bought me some blue (TARDIS blue) nail polish and Luke insisted that I paint his nails. Mark said it's a good thing he's not upset by his son doing stuff like that.
My sister Maria came up to visit with Emery, my little muffin niece. Maria's currently baking little muffin niece #2. :D
She found Madelyn's flip flops and decided to wear them outside while she played in the sandbox.
Luke's like, "I don't wear shoes, man." I did put some on him, but you can see he took them off and they're at the base of the slide. Happens every time.
Look at my tulips! Eeeek! I still can't quite believe that we made it to spring. FINALLY.
Our neighbors above us throw their yard waste onto our ledge (thanks), so Mark's trying to clean it all off. Luke, like any little boy, is fond of sticks, so he was quite excited to find this giant one.
Cute Emery.
Anyway, I really didn't have any other plans because it was a regular school/work day. But then my dad offered to come and babysit so Mark and I could go to dinner.
We decided to go to La Fiesta, a Mexican restaurant that we've been driving past for about 8 years but we'd never gone. (You can't miss it on north Main St.....it's bright pink.) It was really good! We had burritos and chips and salsa and got completely stuffed.
We came back and G-pa Rich was reading to the kids, which they always make him do when he comes over.
Then we had birthday cake. We had to do the candles twice so the kids could blow them out again. Luke found the number candles, we only had the 2 and the 0. Hah!! I wish. (Recipe coming for that cake, btw.)
My sister-in-law Monica sent me this I ♥♥ DW (Doctor Who) shirt that I'm wearing today. I was so excited. My sister Meg helped pick it out.
And look what my friend Anya MADE for me!
Oh my heck. I just can't even...
She sent this to me a couple months ago because she couldn't wait for my birthday to roll around. I converted her to Doctor Who and she has since spiraled into insanity just like me.
I knew she could crochet, but I had no idea she had such crazy skills.
Right???? She even did the hair and the suit and the Converse shoes! And the TARDIS! Anya is a genius!!!! (She grew up next door to me, bonus points.) I LOVE IT!
Is it really that obvious that I am a Who fan?? Am I that loud?? It's okay, I am aware. I'm going to put this fan-made video on here now because I saw it this morning and it made me snort into my cereal (and then, you know, cry, because that's what Who does to you). It starts off with a song by the Kinks. Heck. Yes.

2 comments:
You look gorgeous as usual! Looks like you had a good day! Glad you liked your shirt :)
Wow, what a yummy looking cake. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! (a few days late but hope it was a good one!)
Post a Comment