Christmas morning finally dawned and Luke's face was the best part of it. The rest of us had already been up for a while and started opening presents (because you don't want to mess with a sleeping toddler, trust me), but when we finally went and got him, he was just so bewildered and excited. Everyone had more fun once he was awake. :)
Also, I love him in his crabby jammies. Makes him look more gangly.
My sister Meg had us for Christmas and gave us all AWESOME geeky stuff. I absolutely squealed at this shirt she got for Madelyn. It's Doctor Who/River Song/Hello Kitty!!
Oh, the Christmas aftermath....
Lord of the Rings Pez....Yes. I'd been secretly wanting that set for years. (Thanks, Meg!)
My friend Nadia got us all Japanese toe socks from Tokyo. They separate the big toe from the rest of the toes, kind of like feet mittens. Presumably you wear them with flip flops. We were all cracking up.
The kids got a tubing sled and Luke got some toy guns that make noise, which he LOVES and drives everyone crazy with
And with the hundreds of dollars spent on toys, clothes and stuff, what do you think the kids got the most excitement out of???? $3 Wacky Wally toys I found at Old Navy! Simple, retro toys really are the best. I had one of these when I was a kid and was so excited to find them again. I think this next Christmas I'm going to cut way down on the present buying...(Madelyn still has several toys in her closet from Christmas that she hasn't even opened yet.)
We decided not to travel to see family or have anyone over that day, which was a much needed break. The break did not last for long, though, as you will see!!
Still to come: Our anniversary, Tabernacle concert, Madelyn's baptism and 8-year stats, The Hobbit, jewelry, some recipes, and oh yeah, the new bed, painting and carpeting and that happened
3 months ago.
:/
Things to do...things to do...
1 comment:
LOVE the Hello Sweetie t-shirt! (BTW, we had a super small Christmas, and the kids were still thrilled - even when seeing all the electronics their cousins got. I'm thinking that small for Christmas/big for birthdays is the way to go. We'll see. . . )
Post a Comment