Remember me, a month ago, looking forward to Christmas and all the joy and happiness it was going to bring?
This was me, by the end of December:
(Raise your hand if you love Squidward!)
The truth being told, a lot of things happened, and most of them were good things, with lots of celebrating and family time, but it was just a teeeennsy bit too much. Of course, it happens every year, doesn't it? I think our family has got more things going on than most, with Madelyn's birthday, Christmas and our anniversary all in one week. Now that the new year is finally here, I feel a big sense of relief (and exhaustion) and am looking forward to normal, boring life returning.
Here are the things I need to post about that happened in the last month, just so I can keep track:
-Yoder holiday gathering with the extended fam
-Ward party fiasco
-The Nutcracker
-The Hobbit (and Les Mis)
-Madelyn's birthday and party
-Last minute sewing projects
-Christmas Eve
-Christmas
-Our anniverary
-Our family concert
I've also been kept busy with gymnastics, Pilates, choir practices, Mark's work party, meetings, a TON of church stuff, sick kids, dentist appointments, a wedding reception, shopping shopping shopping, gift wrapping, trips to the post office and driving all over creation in the freezing snow.
And it's really not over, because Madelyn's baptism is in four days and we're having a ton of family come up!!!! That I have to feed! And have the house cleaned for! And all the Christmas stuff put away and new toys put...somewhere! Ahhh. The joys.
On Christmas, we spent most of the day in a tired stupor, but that night we did manage to watch the 2010 Doctor Who Christmas special, which we'd never seen before. That episode's called "A Christmas Carol" (click to watch) and has Michael Gambon (aka Dumbledore) in it and is wonderful and weird and touching like a lot of Doctor Who episodes are. Who has a Christmas special every year, and I love them because no matter where they are in time or space, no matter what planet, everyone celebrates this time of year. Some call it Christmas, others winter solstice, but they all share something in common. They celebrate the coming of midwinter, because it means they're
"halfway out of the dark".

2 comments:
Can't wait to see all your posts from December.
Ahh the craziness of December. I try not to think about it and just survive. I think this year went better than some. I am curious about your ward party Fiasco...
I can't believe Madelyn is getting baptized. Time flies way too quickly.
Also, Happy belated Anniversary!
Post a Comment