Madelyn brought home this recipe for Borax snowflakes from school and she talked me into making them with her. It was an easy, fun project and now we have some more cute little ornaments for our tree.
Borax Crystal Snowflakes
Glass jar
pipe cleaners
Borax
yarn or string
water
Instructions:
1. Boil about 2 cups of water
2. Shape pipe cleaners into snowflake shapes
3. Tie a string to each snowflake, and loop around pencil
4. Dump 1/2 cup of borax into jar
5. Pour boiling water in, and stir to dissolve borax
6. Put snowflakes in, hanging from the pencil, making sure they are submerged
7. Wait one day and you will have beautiful sparkly snowflakes!
1 comment:
We just made these. I hope I did it right and they turn out for Christmas day. thanks for posting this, I had made these as a kid and loved it; I had forgotten I really wanted to make them with my kids :). We also made three batches of the fudge and took to neighbors today. I normally don't care for fudge, but this is so good!
Post a Comment