Tuesday, December 18, 2012

White Chocolate + Candy Cane Chocolate Oreos


Did that title get your attention?? Y U M. Here's another idea for quick, easy Christmas treats. I made these for all of Mark's co-workers last year, and they were a big hit so I just made some more today for neighbors. Regular Oreos work fine, but last year by happy chance the store was out of them, so I bought chocolate creme Oreos instead. They take it to the next level, I am telling you. If you have a microwave, a couple bowls and a spoon, you can make these.

I used two packages of double stuffed chocolate creme Oreos (actually I used Kroger brand--they taste the same as Oreos, as do Great Value), white and red candy melts (both vanilla flavored) and crushed candy cane. If you can find a bag of crushed candy cane pieces, it will save you a lot of time. In years past I always had to unwrap dozens of candy canes, put them in a big ziploc bag and whack them with a rolling pin to make my own. What a pain.


White Chocolate + Candy Cane Chocolate Oreos

1 package chocolate creme sandwich cookies, Oreo or store brand
1 (12 oz) package vanilla candy melts, or white chocolate chips (you only need about half the bag)
1 cup crushed candy cane pieces

Melt white chocolate or candy melts according to package directions. Stir until smooth. Dip half of each cookie in it and then roll in candy cane pieces. Arrange on a cookie sheet until cool and the coating has set.

The end.

I mean, how can you go wrong with these?? Everyone loves Oreos! You don't have to bake anything! It hardly uses up any dishes! It makes a ton!

I used the whole bag of both my candy melts, and with the leftover I filled up some candy molds I have. But next time I probably won't use as many chips. The stuff can be remelted and used again if you end up with extra.

Happy treat making!

1 comment:

Carolina mama said...

These look scrumptious. The end.