Anyhoo, I'd been wanting to go up into the mountains to see the fall colors, so we took a Sunday drive today up Parowan Canyon to see Yankee Meadows. It had been about eight years since I was there last. It's so beautiful! It's about 30 miles northeast of where we live and is also part of the Dixie National Forest like our Leeds campground was. (Except there's actual trees up here. Ha!)
The kids threw rocks like they always do...
I walked across the field to take a picture of this tree, and then Mark and the kids made their way over. However!
Luke was having major issues. He didn't want me anywhere near him. He kept pushing me away and saying, "GO!!" when I'd try to join them walking somewhere. (???) All I can figure is that he didn't want me interrupting his adventure time with Daddy or forcing him to stop what he was doing.
Yes, that's him flailing around on the forest floor throwing a tantrum. He didn't have his nap today--that probably didn't help.
Sooo...I kept my distance from them and let them do their own thing and just took pictures of everything around.
The types of trees up there are white fir, Douglas fir, ponderosa pine, blue spruce and aspen. As soon as you head a little ways back down the mountain, you're stuck with mostly juniper again. (Side story: Cedar City was so named for the "cedar" trees that are everywhere around, but in reality they're juniper trees...)
Madelyn was telling me how the aspen leaves were falling like snowflakes. :)
Mule deer
Ol' Camilla here has had quite the weekend!
1 comment:
I love quakies - they're so beautiful when the wind makes their leaves shimmer in the sun!
Post a Comment