Thursday, October 18, 2012

Pumpkin Spice Cookies



This is sort of a life changing recipe. I've never been a huge fan of cake, or cake cookies, or pumpkin for that matter, but these are yummy. And only three ingredients! Hello!!!!


I think this is actually a Weight Watchers recipe--I know it's been around for a long time (and it only has 3 WW points). This was perfect for today, with Madelyn on fall break from school. She loves to help me cook and bake but I don't always have the patience. These took less than 10 minutes to get into the oven, and we still got to have mother-daughter bonding warm fuzzies.

 Pumpkin Spice Cookies

1 box of Spice cake mix
15 oz. can of pumpkin puree
12 oz. bag semi-sweet chocolate morsels

In a medium bowl, blend cake mix and pumpkin puree with mixer until well incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips. Drop by the tablespoonful onto a greased cookie sheet (since the batter doesn't contain any fat) and bake at 350° F for 15 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes and remove to wire cooling rack to cool completely. Makes approx. 4 dozen cookies.

*No adjustments needed for high altitude.


Tea party time!

3 comments:

Summer said...

Those look yummy. I found an ice cream pumpkin pie that I'm going to try soon. I'm not a big fan of pumpkin either. Excited for you guys to get your carpet. Too bad that is the last thing to install. We have about 100 more projects before we can do the carpet - even though our carpet is the most disgusting thing EVERY!

Amy said...

We made pumpkin cookies yesterday too! It's totally that time of year. Yum!

Kathryn M. said...

I love pretty much all things pumpkin. So far I've done waffles, cupcakes, and crescent rolls and I'm just getting warmed up!