I made this appliqued fighter jet t-shirt for my nephew Nathan, who loves anything Air Force related. It was a nice, easy change from all the complex stenciling I'd been doing.
I had a bunch of custom baby bracelet requests (and another four adult bracelets I have to make tomorrow):
This one's for sale: Marion baby bracelet
This one's also for sale: Grace baby bracelet
I made this wedding card...
And dug through my silk flower stash (you love it when I post pictures of my messes, don't you?)
To make these flower arrangements for this wedding:
Remember the wedding hairpiece I made for my friend Meleese? Well, her big day finally arrived, and what a day it was! Her groom woke up with the stomach flu--Mark called in some meds for him after the ceremony--and the back yard reception was doomed by a rain storm of BIBLICAL proportions (not exaggerating). Poor Jana. I work with her in the Relief Society (and Madelyn has been chums with her husband Bryce for years) and was very stressed on her behalf. But the rain cleared just in time for the reception so thankfully all their hard work paid off.
This is why I will never be a wedding planner.
Anyway...
I designed/made a camera case for my mother-in-law one afternoon for her birthday. Tutorial coming soon!
And I finalllllly finished a batch of sewing (burp cloths and diaper clutches) that I had cut out the pieces for at the beginning of the summer, like 3 or 4 months ago. Tutorial also coming soon for those.
Then I altered the sleeves of this awesome James Bond t-shirt I got for my sister-in-law Lori. (The fit of the shirt was fine but the sleeves were too wide and poked out like wings. Trust me, it looked stupid.) Bonus points to those of you who noticed that he's holding a Nintendo gun (a' la Duck Hunt) instead of a pistol!! I got it on ebay, btw. You can find it here.
She loves vintage James Bond. I think she was excited.
Then I made this dorky t-shirt for my brother Kevin (Lori's husband--it's so nice to have shared geekiness in the family):
You know what this is from, right?? RIGHT?!?!
It's from a Monty Python sketch with John Cleese called The Ministry of Silly Walks. Here's a clip if you haven't seen it before.
Long live British television, am I right?? LOL!!!



3 comments:
Your prolific project productions are amazing. I also love Monty Python.
So many fun projects!
I had a bunch of friends in high school that would mimick the Ministry of Silly Walks, but I've never seen it until now!
Thanks so much for sharing! Sooooo awesome. Love those Brits.
Super awesome geeky shirts too. ;) You are so talented.
Post a Comment