This new trailer for The Hobbit came out yesterday! I watched it so many times because if you go to thehobbit.com, you can watch the trailer with 5 alternate scenes stuck on at the end. My favorite is Bilbo's.
I've seen comments online kvetching about how the filmmakers have "tried to inject humor" into the story as some marketing ploy. It's not a marketing ploy, it's how the book was written! It was originally intended as a children's book, and the writing and tone is much lighter than The Lord of the Rings. So for heaven's sake, read the book before you spew your opinions all over the internet!!
I was particularly excited to see the stone-giants included, and Radagast the Brown (the dude talking to a hedgehog--he is actually a wizard like Gandalf who lives in the woods). And Gollum doesn't seem quite as menacing because back then he still had the Ring to keep him happy and he was more like the hobbit he used to be.
Anyway, I am super, super excited that there's less than 3 months left till I get to see the whole thing. :D :D
In other geek news, Season 2 of Sherlock was finally added to Netflix today!! Even though there's only 3 episodes, they are almost like movies and are very well done. Plus you get to see Martin Freeman again (Bilbo Baggins) as John Watson, and Benedict Cumberbatch as Sherlock Holmes. More goodness from the BBC, people. I need to just relocate to Britain.

No comments:
Post a Comment