Monday, September 3, 2012

Another favorite summer tradition

Well, this is the first year we've done it, but now it needs to happen every year because it was so awesome. For the past two months, every Sunday we'd watch a Harry Potter movie (there are 8), followed by Doctor Who (until we ran out of episodes, then we watched the Olympics).  And the best thing is that Madelyn is still new to Harry Potter and she loves it! I mean, of course she does. J.K. Rowling is a genius and my hero. But it's just fun to see her appreciate it.

I found this Harry Potter video montage on Pinterest and it makes my  hair stand on end every time I watch it. It's set to "This is War" by 30 Seconds to Mars (a song we already have and like) and it focuses on the last three films. It condenses all the most intense moments into one big wallop.

*The first lines spoken are by Sirius Black to Harry: "We've all got both light and dark inside of us. What matters is the part we choose to act on."


*5 minute break to regain composure*

ANYWAY I mentioned that we ran out of Doctor Who episodes to watch......well that's not exactly true--there are a few more floating around online that are not on Netflix that I'm trying to track down. But in the meantime, Episode 1 of Season 7 came out on Saturday!!! We don't get BBC America (grumble....) and KUED hasn't aired it yet, but we found it on YouTube. So I'm going to post the links if you're like us and have already watched Seasons 1-6 and are hungry for more.

A Pond Life, parts 1-5 (they're all like a minute long)
http://www.bbcamerica.com/anglophenia/tag/pond-life/


Asylum of the Daleks episode:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDav1f4H_Ls

And while we're at it, here's a clip of David Tennant as The Doctor (whom I miss desperately). It's just one of my favorite moments of his and I love this clip. It's from one of his Christmas specials, where a spaceship called the Titanic is about to crash into the earth and set off nuclear bombs.


OK, that's all for now. Carry on.

1 comment:

Kathryn M. said...

Though I'm not a Dr. fan I did watch a cute movie with David Tennant in it on instant that you may want to see. It's called The Decoy Bride. It was quite cute and witty. Give it a try!