Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Madelyn's birthday bash


After having my heinie thoroughly whooped by last year's Ladybug Party, I vowed to have Madelyn's birthday party somewhere other than my house this go round. (A GREAT decision, turns out.) So I decided to book Funtime Inflatables. True, I payed out the nose for it, but....not having to come up with entertainment for 7 kids and not having my house trashed? Priceless.

After some hiccups in getting the word out (I put the wrong directions on the invitations, thanks to Funtime's website having the wrong directions...go figure...) we finally all got there this afternoon.

It's like kid heaven.

We had the big party room upstairs.

After the kids ran around for about a half hour, they came up and decorated some Christmas ornaments with markers and glitter glue 

This is Madelyn's best friend, Aidan. We moved the party up a week (her birthday is next Wednesday) because his family is leaving for Iowa this weekend to look for a new house. They're moving away in January. :(  So we wanted him to be able to come.

 
 
  
Then we had some yummy root beer floats (Madelyn's request) and rainbow cupcakes

Look at that Tangled gift bag!! Love it. ♥♥

What cheeseballs!

Gracie, Ashley, Kasia, Carson, Aidan, Madelyn and Emmy

Right before this (or right after, frankly the whole day has been a blur), during the present unwrapping kerfuffle, a cup full of root beer spilled and slopped all over Madelyn, drenching her pants and her socks, and when I told her she couldn't take her socks off and still play on the inflatables (Funtime rules), she bawled for the next 15 minutes. It just wouldn't be a birthday party without a huge meltdown mid-party!! (See last year...)

I ended up racing home to get her dry socks and pants, and then things resumed peacefully and the kids bounced and slid and got more aerobic exercise than I've had in a year. (And Madelyn had an hour of gymnastics class after this!)

 
 
 Everybody had very rosy cheeks

We sent everyone home with rainbow goody bags filled with all the candy and $1 type trinkets a child could dream of, including, of course, mini whoopee cushions. Are you familiar with the humor of 6-7-year olds?? Madelyn and I went to see The Muppets last weekend, and 20 minutes after the movie ended, she was still laughing hysterically about Fozzie's fart shoes. 

Hope you had a fun party, Miss!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Emmy had so much fun!!! And of course, there has to be some kind of drama at a bday party, right? Last year Emmy wouldn't even hit her pinata . . .

Rachelle said...

Bounce houses are the best - so glad you chose a locale away from the house! Happy birthday Madelyn!

The Mursets said...

Looks like it went really well! I am glad you were able to get everything done- I love the rainbow cupcakes and goody bags!

I can't believe she will be 7 next week!!!! Love you, Madelyn!

Summer said...

We love bounce houses. We haven't been in CA yet, since we can still play outside. Yes, we are still enjoying the outside here. Oh, lovely weather! Sorry about the snow - something we absolutely don't miss. Looks like a fun birthday.

Erin said...

Aidan had so much fun. When he got home, he spent an hour coloring the fuzzy felt picture thingy. Ethan accidentally broke his whoopie cushion (after about five minutes) and he had a meltdown too.

We are going to miss you guys so much!!!