Tuesday, December 20, 2011

FUDGE in less than 5 minutes

Fudge making has never been my forte, but I love it love it love it. I have a microwave fudge recipe that is easy and quick, made with powdered sugar, cocoa, butter, etc. but it always turns out grainy and not as good as "real" cooked fudge. Then I spotted this recipe for 3 minute, 3 ingredient mint fudge from V and Co. (recipe also featured on Made):



All you need is:

14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
12 oz. bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
10 oz. bag Andes creme de menthe chips or peppermint crunch candy chips (found next to chocolate chips in baking aisle)

crushed candy cane garnish (optional)

Dump everything into a microwave safe dish. Stir. Nuke for 2 minutes, 30 seconds and stir. If the chocolate is not quite melted, heat for 10-15 second increments until smooth. Stir thoroughly and pour into 8x8, 11x7 or 13x9 baking dish, depending on how thick you want your fudge. Spread evenly and sprinkle with crushed candy cane bits. Cool and cut into squares.


Guess what? This stuff is delicious!! The texture is so silky, people will think you've slaved over a hot stove all day. And chocolate and mint are so awesome together. Give this a try for all those last minute neighbor gifts you've been meaning to make!

Also.....Dana on Made whipped up a butterscotch and toffee version....click HERE for recipe!

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

I first heard about quick fudge using chocolate chips, condensed milk and peanut butter years ago. Since then I've seen lots of these variations. Honestly, I like the quick version so much better than the long, stove top version because I've had too many old fashioned fudges that are grainy. Yuck - totally ruins the fudge! I think the mint version you posted sounds divine - yum!