Saturday, July 30, 2011

Pioneer Day

...was like a week ago. I've been BUSY, okay?! I had to finish the Harry Potter books #5, 6 and 7 before I saw the movie again today, and that's like 2,000 pages of reading, folks. My housework has been ignored. Children cast aside. Mail unopened and blogs unread. And it was highly worth it. I suppose I'll be posting about that soon, because it's my blog and I can talk about HP however much I want.

Anyway....Madelyn's dance studio had a float in the Pioneer Day parade on Monday, so we went down to the Main Street Park to watch. My sister Maria came with her hubby and chunky monkey.

First came the fire trucks, blaring their sirens and honking their horns.

This was Luke's reaction. 

"I don't know why they have to make so much racket. There's not even a fire!"

Pioneer-y floats

Teeny horses! They might have been ponies, but I dunno. They were cute.

Em loves giving the stink eye

Kazoo band

FINALLY! There's Madelyn waving from the back. And way to slouch there, purple ballerina... 

Gotta love small town festivities.

 Madelyn had to get her dollar's worth out of her bouncy house.

Then it was back to blowing bubbles in the kids' favorite box. It was quite the day.

4 comments:

Amy Shupe said...

How fun. I miss Cedar City and all the cute festivals they have!

The Mursets said...

Cute pics of your fun day!

Maria Nielson said...

Looks like I had a pretty good slouch going on there too! Haha. Was that when I was fanning myself? It was muuuuuuuggggyyy.

Mike & Rachel Barton said...

You're a good at keeping the blog up-to-date. I wish I were only a week behind. I'm definitely a month behind.