Sunday, July 3, 2011

Luke outdoes himself. Again.

Mess of the Day
by Luke

Yesterday morning I was sitting here at the computer when I heard a swishing sound....I thought, "That sounds like someone's coloring with a marker." Luke was standing on the open dishwasher door. I walked over and he had a BLACK SHARPIE and had done this:

Picture's a little blurry probably because I was shaking with fury.

Not pictured: his jammies, the counter+grout, a cup, the scissors and tape measure inside the drawer and the Strawberry Quik container that he also colored on.

Luckily for him (and my so far immaculate criminal record), I was able to scrub the marker off with some baby wipes, Fantastik and a scouring sponge. Then I forced Mark to put on some more drawer latches, which he was supposed to do a long time ago but hadn't.

The Yoder family lives to see another day.

5 comments:

The Mursets said...

When you said it was on a little drawer for some reason I was thinking there were only a few scribbles, but he sure did some damage!!! I am so glad you are a talented stain remover :)
Luke~Stay away from the markers, and give your Mom a break!!!

Kathryn M. said...

I would suggest getting rid of the markers for a year or two. Seriously, I think your life might be much more relaxing if you did. Just a suggestion

The Yoder's Five said...

We'd have to get rid of every writing implement we own--nothing is safe from him. Everything's already high up in containers or drawers--it's not like I'm not trying to keep him away!

Jen said...

It's funny, because as I read the Kanarraville post I thought, that was nice for Luke, because he couldn't make a mess out there!

Michelle said...

Naughty boy! Why can't all markers be erasable???