Friday, July 22, 2011

Old projects, part I

I haven't finished any projects lately (unless you count a gigantic pile of mending and altering, which I don't). So I've decided show a few projects I did in my pre-blogging days.

When I got pregnant with my first born, the first thing I did after managing to reenter civilization post-"morning sickness"-that-really-lasts-all-day-every-day-for-approximately-97-weeks was start to plan for a boy. I was drawn to everything nautical, green or blue and went so far as to design and make my first quilt:


And then I had my ultrasound and got the alarming news that I wasn't pregnant with a boy at all--it was a GIRL. What?!?!??! My maternal instincts had betrayed me! So then I had to buy fabric for a girl quilt, which to this day sits in my garage untouched, and all Madelyn got was a wall hanging which I threw together at the last minute.

When Luke was born, he started using this fabulous little Irish chain crib quilt his Auntie Sheila made for him. I don't know how she knew what colors I liked--she's just a quilting genius.

Aww!

Then a couple weeks ago when Luke switched to his toddler bed, I realized that the time had finally come to use the bigger quilt I'd made him.

I love it when my children are sleeping. They make so much less mischief.

I got all sorts of warm fuzzies that first night he slept with it. Seven years' wait! It was worth it. :)

3 comments:

Jen said...

I absolutely love both of these. They are so sweet when they sleep.

Rachelle said...

Um, I STILL haven't made a for-reals quilt and I'm twice your age. Okay, maybe not, but I have twice as many children! Amazing job . . . uh-maze-ing!

Katie said...

Such cute quilts! Love pictures of sleeping kids. They are just so sweet and peaceful. Adorable!