Luke felt it necessary to climb up on top of the pile and then side down on his belly or back.
I guess it wasn't such a great idea...
Mark started calling him Pig Pen (you know...the kid from Charlie Brown cartoons who has his own dust cloud)
Giving the fire hydrant some love...
Eating some rocks...
Taking a slurp from the drip line
Last load!
Mark had to do a lot of prep work first, moving in the sprinklers after the curbing was done, and cutting away the extra sod...
Putting down weed barrier...
and some flexible borders
Then while he was at it, I had him replace this:
They're MUCH better now. The ropes on our swings were so weathered that they scratched the kids all the time
Then on Saturday, we were at Target and found this canopy on 70% clearance and could not pass it up. We had to lay the right front and middle seats down to fit it in the car and Madelyn had to be bungeed in the back for the ride home (she loved it).
Those KIDS would not stay OFF that LADDER!!! Little monkeys!!
Not bad for $89 bucks, eh? We love it! Our back yard will now have a little shade. We're going to get some drapes for the west side of it to block the setting sun.
Now we have to build a flower bed along the side of the house
...and do something about this. (sigh)
I planted some pumpkin and sunflower seeds (with my Activity Days girls) so hopefully there will soon be giant vines there, and then after harvest we'll finish landscaping that corner. Don't laugh at my pitiful little mounds. I didn't see the sense in tilling the entire yard when only a few splotches of good soil were necessary...
7 comments:
You guys are doing an amazing job! It looks so good! I have been itching to finish the landscaping in parts of my yard, but something always comes up!
Looks great!! Love how it turned out.
Good thinking with the pea gravel! The canopy looks great and your kids are ADORABLE, as always :)
you need twinkle lights on your pagoda! then it will be 100% perfect. so glad it's all coming together!
Oh I love it! Love that canopy!
Your back yard looks fab Mel! Nice job to you and Mark. We are in the process of completing our back yard after living here for 3 years! Maybe I should have taken before and afters! Dang...
Love How Madelyn is relaxing in the last pic. Priceless.
Enjoy your backyard retreat happy place.! :)
Wow! It is sure looking nice! I love the canopy, and that last picture of Madelyn.
Post a Comment