Thursday, June 16, 2011

Yum yum

Here's some of my favorite FOOD things!

I am picky when it comes to microwave popcorn. Pop Weaver (sold at Walmart) used to be my favorite, but then they changed their formulation (to become more healthy, psh)  and since then, it's been decidedly lackluster. So I tried Pop Secret Jumbo Pop, and I'm in love!!

It's made with real Land O Lakes butter and has the perfect ratio of fluffiness to flavor. I can only seem to find the Jumbo version at Lin's (Associated Foods) for around $4-5, but you can also buy it in large, cheap quantities here on Amazon. You can even do a subscribe and save and have a case of four sent to your house every 1, 2, 3 or 6 months! Just like you do with diapers! How awesome is that?!?? That's a lot of popcorn.

Even though Walmart has failed in my popcorn needs, I have recently found a couple of things that I now want to eat all the time.

Mark's favorite fruit is mango, but they're hard to find (good ones, anyway) fresh. So I found these on the baking aisle at Walmart for $3.50. YUM. Our whole family ate a bag in about five minutes. Kind of pricey for how fast they disappear, but they're good for you! Just think of it that way....

I don't usually buy stuff from the Walmart bakery....I find their donuts and stuff....what's the word......gross? Too preservative-y? But when I saw this cheese bread ($3) I thought it would be worth a try. I love the cheddar cheese topped bagels from the Smith's bakery. It turns out this bread has cheddar on the inside as well as the out. It was freaking delicious. I cut slices of it, put it in the toaster and then smeared it with cream cheese. Mmmmm!

Here's a treasure from Smith's:

 Their Private Selection (Kroger) brand of ice cream has all sorts of delicious flavors--this one is Black Raspberry with Dark Chocolate Chunks :D.... and we've also tried a vanilla with toffee and caramel something or other. It's creamy and sophisticated, all for the same price as one serving from an ice cream shop!


I've only found these new minty 3 Musketeer bars in trial size packs at Smith's. They're good! Kind of like York patties, but thicker and fluffier. It's a nice little refreshing treat, and they're low fat. Can't go wrong there.
And you need to try the Wild Strawberry+Tangy Citrus Trident Layers gum.


And the new Wendy's Natural-Cut Fries with sea salt. The end. I need to go now.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Thanks for sharing. I love reading others favorites.

Rachel said...

Oh my heavens, you made me hungry! I'm having a hard time stopping myself these days alread (ice cream sandwiches, frozen junior mints, nachos, and everything grilled...) like I needed more to eat! Ha ha, yum is right :)

Michelle said...

Pop Secret is my fav popcorn, too. I usually buy the Homestyle butter - so yummy! But I'll have to give your fav a try :) I'm a total popcorn luva. And I'm totally gonna try the mint 3 Musketeers!