Wednesday, June 22, 2011

A scrumptious NO BAKE cheesecake?!

It turns out we did get some cheesecake on Father's Day--thanks to my fabulous mother-in-law who sent us home with some. :D This recipe is in our Yoder Family Cookbook but I've never tried it before. I was immediately won over when I found out you don't even have to bake it (aside from the crust). And it's not like those boxed Jell-o "cheesecakes", either. It tastes like the real deal! So without further ado:

Heavenly Orange Cheesecake
James and Laura Yoder

1 cup chocolate wafer or graham cracker crumbs
3 Tbl. butter, melted
1 envelope Knox unflavored gelatin
1/2 cup pure unsweetened orange juice
3 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup whipping cream, whipped
2 tsp. grated orange peel

Combine crumbs and butter; press onto bottom of 9" springform pan. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. 

Soften gelatin in orange juice in saucepan; stir over low heat until dissolved. Combine cream cheese and sugar, mixing at medium speed with electric mixer until well blended. Gradually add gelatin mixture, mixing until blended. 

Chill until slightly thickened; fold in whipped cream and orange peel. Pour over crust. Chill. Garnish with orange sections and mint leaves, if desired. 10-12 servings.

Photo source here

2 comments:

Maria Nielson said...

I wish I liked cheesecake!!!!!!!

BluBabesCreate said...

Cheesecake is goodevil.Come on over for some inspiration.