Monday, June 20, 2011

Reason #2 to buy some Cheez-Its

 Reason #1 is of course that they're delicious and cheesy, and are one of the only foods I was able to stomach during the first 24 weeks of my pregnancy with Madelyn.

Reason #2 is this:



You all know I have a need to go overseas. In fact, I've recently been looking into taking the family to Japan, but was somewhat deterred by the fact that we'd need about $10,000 to go over there. *choke*

So winning one of the 12 grand prizes from Cheez-It would make my life a LOT easier. They'll provide airfare, accommodations for a week and a $1,000 debit card for expenses  for a family of four to either Paris, London, Tokyo or London.  YES, PLEASE!!!!

The only problem is deciding where to go. I immediately said Paris, and Mark said that would be his last choice--he'd rather go to London. So let's have a rundown of the top 5 of each city.

Paris:

1. Hello, it's Paris.
2. The food!
3. The markets!
4. The Louvre!
5. The cathedrals/architecture!

 London:

1. Jane Austen/Harry Potter/The Beatles!
2. They all speak English!
3. Lots of family history!
4. Westminster Abbey!
5. Jaunts to the English countryside!

 Tokyo:

1. Shopping/nightlife!
2. Tokyo Disneyland! (There's a Disneyland in Paris, too. Whodathunk?)
3. The traditional architecture/gardens!
4. Jaunts to the Japanese countryside/the motherland! (China. Where Mark's g-pa was born.)
5. Nadia will fly over from Saipan to hang out with us and geek out over anime!


Rome:

1. Hello, it's ♥Italy♥.
2. The food!
3. The history/architecture!
4. Bona fide Michelangelo sculptures at the Vatican!
5. The Pantheon!

 Dang it. Now I think I've changed my mind to Rome. Mark, are you OK with this?

So now I want to take a poll: Where would you choose to go, and why? Have any of you been to any of these places? I think I need to go buy more Cheez-Its.

6 comments:

Jen said...

Paris. I have been to London, and I would like to eat the cheese there, along with pastries, etc. Feel free to take me with you, if Mark wants to stay home.

Maria Nielson said...

I think either London, because I wish I had the accent. Oh and because of the Beatles. Buuuutt I think Rome would be cool because I want to see all the architecture and yes, umm, Italy <3 I'll just choose all of them come to think of it. Although, I just don't know about Japan?

Summer said...

I've been to Japan. Awesome, but expensive. I guess they're all pretty expensive though. The Disneyland in Tokyo is just like the one in California, Japanese people everywhere. The only difference are the people are locals not tourists. he he:) It's our 10th anniversary this year and we are trying to decide between NYC, Fiji, London, or Italy. It's a tough choice.

Nadia said...

Paris or Rome would be the top two for me. If went to London, Dakin would be there to spend time with.

I am, however, going to Japan on Friday, if you want to come. ;) and you are absolutely right, I would fly up to see you and totally geek out over anime and bento boxes.

Nadia said...

Ps...next time you think about the nhsc, consider saipan, there's lots of travelling to be done from there.

Rachelle said...

We've been to London and Paris and liked both, but we were newlyweds. I really can't see Paris being fun for your kids. I think Tokyo would be up there for your fam because of the heritage and getting to see Nad's fam. . .