1/9/11
by Melissa Yoder
1 box chocolate cake mix
1 12 oz. bag Toll House semi sweet mini chocolate chips*
1 cup cherry preserves**
1 container chocolate frosting
Prepare cake mix as directed--stir in entire bag chocolate chips. Put cherry preserves in a fine sieve and strain out about half of the jelly--leaving some plus the cherry chunks behind. Stir into the batter and bake as directed. Cool and frost with chocolate frosting. Yield: 3 dozen cupcakes.
*I use mini chips because the regular sized ones sink to the bottom. If you can't find mini chips--use a knife to chop regular ones into smaller pieces.
**If you want more cherry goodness to be in every bite, chop the cherries a little smaller
Easy, huh? :D Also, check out my Chocolate Orange Cupcakes, which is a chocolate cake mix improved by the addition of mini chocolate chips and orange marmalade. And here's the first version I came up with years ago--it's so good I've never made cupcakes the same again:
Chocolate Chip Cupcakes
by Melissa Yoder
1 package white cake mix ( I like Duncan Heinz Classic White)
1 12 oz. bag semi sweet Toll House mini morsels
1 container chocolate frosting (I like Betty Crocker Whipped Milk Chocolate)
Prepare cake mix as directed, stirring in entire bag of mini chips. Bake, cool and frost with chocolate frosting.
So simple I'm sure hundreds of people have thought of the same thing--but YUM! I think I'll go have another one....

6 comments:
Hey, I have mini chips, a white cake mix, and buttercream frosting at my house right now. I think I know what I'm making tomorrow...
Yes! Great minds think alike :)
And I think I've had your Chocolate Chip cupcakes! Didn't you bring them over the first time you guys came over? So yummy!
Oh my gosh! I've copied your recipes and can't wait to try them! Especially the carmel apples...YUM!!!! thanx!!
So much for my New Years resolution to not eat junk food until 2012. Thanks a lot. :P No really, thanks! :)
I didn't even know they made mini chocolate chips... hmm, thanks!
I am so excited to try these! The chocolate cherry cupcakes sound amazing!! I had no idea what a good cook you are! I want to try a little of everything....
Hope you guys are doing well!
Post a Comment