I am sooo behind on my crafting posts. Projects beget projects around here. Just when I'm starting to make a dent in my sewing pile, I think of more and more things I could make.
I have been bored with my toss pillows, even though I made/recovered a bunch of new ones in May. There was this ugly old thing:
I found a snazzy little remnant of green gloriousness at Jo-Ann's when I went a few weeks ago. I had just enough to recover this pillow.
Isn't it fabulous?!? :D
And this was new-ish (slip cover from Target), but I'm moving away from red decor in the living room and needed something different.
I had some pale celery green polka dot fabric and also a zipper that I'd bought for something else but was the wrong size. I figured I might as well try it out on a slipcover.
I got these Better Homes and Gardens pillows on clearance at Walmart a few months ago. Add them all to the puckered green pillow I made in the spring...
Still not perfect (new couches would be perfect).... and not exactly fall colors....
....but everything looks a little brighter now. :)
I'm behind on this, too:
Mess of the Day
by Luke
I thought he was all cute getting himself a snack of chow mein noodles from the pantry. I should have known.
Well, at least it kept him out of my hair for 15 minutes!
Also:
Quote of the Day
by Madelyn
Me (from the front seat of the car): Something smells like ketchup. Madelyn, (who had just dragged Mark to Panda Express and actually probably smelled like soy sauce) you smell like ketchup!
Madelyn: I don't smell like ketchup, I smell fresh, like butterflies!!
Now I've got to get back to my sewing. I'm glad that Thanksgiving is next week because now I have a deadline for when I need to be finished. My kids and my laundry pile will be so happy.
8 comments:
I do love those green pillows! They look fabulous. I wish I had a couch to make cute pillows for...soon, soon, I hope.
Love your pillows! I want some!! Wish I knew how to make those, I hate my throw pillows.
I love the black and white pillow, isn't that the one you made with a place mat?
Yeah, that's my place mat pillow. It's pretty awesome. :)
AWESOME pillows! Wish I had your skills! But my all time fave is always the mess of the day...maybe because the identical pics could be taken in our house!
So cute! I need to make me some pillow covers . . .
I saw you last week at Dance Magic, but I didn't get to say hi cause I was talking to some parents! So Hi! I love reading your blog!
At least Luke's moving on to actual food items to consume! That's progress.
Pillows are so cute! I just made a cover for one on my bed from a gold remanent I found at Joanne's. Love it!
Post a Comment