Sunday, November 14, 2010

Inconvenient, much?

11/14/10

I'd love to do a "real" post but Luke is cutting five teeth and won't let me put him down (typing with one hand is a skill you develop after you have a baby) even though he's sleeping like a lump of lead and also--Madelyn's using the computer with all my pictures on it. There's gotta be something I could tell you about......

How 'bout an update about our lovely student loans. Mark called the federal Direct Loans people a couple days ago to check on our application status (to lower our monthly payment) and they said, "What application??" And I said, "WHAT DO YOU MEAN, WHAT APPLICATION--THE ONE I HAD TO MAIL IN TWICE BECAUSE YOU ARBITRARILY CANCELED OUR FIRST ONE OVER TWO MONTHS AGO!" Well, I didn't really say that--Mark was on the phone and I just inferred it by way of the death rays shooting out of my eyes.

It turns out that I had accidentally mailed in the second application to their office in Louisville, KY instead of their office in Texas. So it had just been chilling out on someone's desk hundreds of miles from where it should have been for at least a month. Siiiiiiiiiggggghhhhhhh. (Not that it was important enough to call us about. Heaven forbid they do that.)

Fortunately, they arranged for the folks in KY to just fax it to the right office so I wouldn't have to do a third application with all the documentation, etc. AND we were apparently so pitiful that the manager offered to put our giant loan into forbearance (no interest accruing) till February 2011. So then I was like, "See, Mark! It's a good thing I sent that application to the wrong place!........."

We really are relieved, though. Now hopefully some money will fall into our lap sometime between now and February so we'll be prepared to start chinking away at that loan.

In other, less annoying news:

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part I comes out on Friday!!! My hair still stands on end every time I see a trailer. Now if only I had a babysitter....

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Oh my gosh, I hate student loans, too. It's so frustrating! It feels like you'll never get ahead in life. I'm glad things are working out! I love the death rays part...we must be related. :)

Jen said...

I hope your loans thing comes out okay. I am excited for HP7a! I heard there was a nude scene, but apparently it was some overly conservative people jumping to hasty conclusions due to an overly successful fog machine.

Amy Shupe said...

The student loan thing sucks. Bob is probably going to be calling Mark sometime soon. We have been on the phone with them trying to figure it all out so we can be ready for the chaos that comes after graduating. I hope they approve you guys soon!