I can hardly stand the cuteness of my kids in their costumes this year. Madelyn started off with her Snow White costume (which she wore three Halloweens ago, but it's still her favorite)
2010 (ward party both times)
Unfortunately, her hair is so dark that it hardly shows up. I always had that problem when I was little, too.
Note to self: wear gloves next time... and don't spray it in the bathroom. (I was in a hurry, OK? Haha)
She designed the face for our jack-o-lantern

Love it!! I couldn't have designed a better pumpkin
Then she dressed up as Super Girl for school and the party at her ballet studio, and we sprayed her hair pink:
Luke was a green dragon. I got both their costumes off amazon.com. I may be crafty, but two things I don't do (that seem to be all the rage on everyone else's blog) are shop thrift stores for furniture to refinish or sew my kids' Halloween costumes. I'm OK with it.
I'm glad Luke had a fleece costume because it was FREEZING for our stake's trunk-or-treat event.
I sure have a cute little dragon boy!
Back home to thaw out
(I wish Luke's head crest stood straight up, but oh well)





Oh, to be a kid again. :)
I admit to pillaging her candy stash...esp. the Tootsie Rolls, Milky Ways and anything sour. Mmmmm
Here's the treat bags I made for my kids and for my nieces Ava and Hattie (and Maria's kid, who doesn't have a name yet, so she just got bats) and for my nephew Nathan. Both Mark and Madelyn looked at these and said, "Where's Mister's??" Um, the one with the letter "L", his name is Luke, remember? Ha! I guess maybe we should call him that more often.
Well, that was a ton of pictures. Sorry. I am in denial that it's November now. At least I have a lot of candy to coax me into the idea.
(I wish Luke's head crest stood straight up, but oh well)
Mark and Madelyn went walking around our extremely hilly neighborhood for another hour trick-or-treating
Well, that was a ton of pictures. Sorry. I am in denial that it's November now. At least I have a lot of candy to coax me into the idea.

5 comments:
Love the bags, costumes and Madelyn's pumpkin, super cute! Our ward didn't do a trunk or treat so we had to go trick or treating around our neighborhood and it was windy, rainy and freezing! ugh Anywho, Im the same way, I have no idea how to make my kids costumes or refurnish furniture, but my friend and sister do and I envy their skills.
I love the costumes!! They look so cute :D Shay and I were a little sad that our little one wasn't here so we could dress her up :/ Those bags are so dang cute! Your hair is super long too (jeeaalloouusss!!). We ran out of Halloween candy super fast, there's just too many kids around here!
Halloween!!! I'm a big fan of holidays that revolve around food. My parents always took their share of our candy too, but they called it the candy tax. We could pick out 10 candy bars (or whatever) that we didn't want them to take, and then they would take a certain amount for their share. Maybe you should instate this practice!
Thanks for the bag. Hattie loved it. I need to be better at getting thank you cards out. I wrote some and haven't mailed them. How bad is that. It's funny, because I was trying to figure out who the L was for. I forgot his name was Luke too. Sorry.
So cute! LOVE the dragon costume!!!
Post a Comment